    and im not quite sure which version of Firefox Im running.

    thanks

    SS
    SightSeer, Dec 8, 2005

  2. SightSeer

    B. Peg Guest

    > "SightSeer" wrote:
    >I am having a problem, when I try to launch Firefox it is not opening. Upon
    >checking task manager it is present under the processes list but is not
    >listed under applications that are running. Im running windows xp and im
    >not quite sure which version of Firefox Im running.

    Don't worry. Many people have the same problem including myself.

    I cannot understand why they haven't gotten this bug out yet. I can shut it
    down in TaskManager and then it will launch again.

    B~
    B. Peg, Dec 8, 2005

  3. SightSeer

    mike555 Guest

    === it probably is an extension problem, try starting in Firefox safe
    mode, if Firefox works (except for the extensions and/ or themes) then
    it is an extension or theme............ go into them and disable all,
    restart in reg. mode then enable them one or two at a time , restarting
    each time, till the problem shows..............
    or, just make a new profile and reinstall extensions and themes that
    are made to work for your version =============
    mike555, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Once Upon A Time SightSeer wrote:

    >I am having a problem, when I try to launch Firefox it is not opening.
    >Upon checking task manager it is present under the processes list but is
    >not listed under applications that are running. Im running windows xp
    >and im not quite sure which version of Firefox Im running.

    In the last few days a few extensions updated, and the updates broke my
    Firefox on two different machines. The offender was either "Focus Last
    Selected Tabs", "Greasemonkey", or "GMail Delete Button". Do you use
    any of these?

    On one machine I hade to uninstall Firefox and completely delete all
    Firefox folders before I could successfully re-install version 1.0.7.
    On the other machine an upgrade to 1.5 took care of it.

    **
    Captain Infinity
    ...faster than the speed of dark
    Captain Infinity, Dec 9, 2005
  5. SightSeer

    SightSeer Guest

    mike555 wrote:
    > === it probably is an extension problem, try starting in Firefox safe
    > mode, if Firefox works (except for the extensions and/ or themes) then
    > it is an extension or theme............ go into them and disable all,
    > restart in reg. mode then enable them one or two at a time , restarting
    > each time, till the problem shows..............
    > or, just make a new profile and reinstall extensions and themes that
    > are made to work for your version =============

    thanks for the replies, turns out it was downloadthem all (sp)when it
    updated....all is working again after uninstalling it.

    SS
    SightSeer, Dec 9, 2005
  6. Once Upon A Time SightSeer wrote:

    >thanks for the replies, turns out it was downloadthem all (sp)when it
    >updated....all is working again after uninstalling it.

    Yes, that was one I updated as well, and had problems later. But I
    couldn't even open in Safe mode, and so had to chump the whole friggin'
    thing.

    **
    Captain Infinity, Dec 9, 2005
  7. SightSeer

    Hawkeye Guest

    >In the last few days a few extensions updated, and the updates broke my
    >Firefox on two different machines. The offender was either "Focus Last
    >Selected Tabs", "Greasemonkey", or "GMail Delete Button". Do you use
    >any of these?

    With 1.0.7 I used FLST, Tabbrowser preferences, and Session Saver,
    among others. Tab Prefs seemed to have an issue with 1.5 so I tried
    something else, Tab Mix Plus. Turns out this extension combines the
    functions of the three aforementioned extensions, in a faster and more
    compact package.

    I would also recommend Mr. Tech Local Install. Makes extension
    installation and management effortless.
    Hawkeye, Dec 9, 2005
  8. SightSeer

    Jim Guest

    On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:46:09 -0500, SightSeer
    <> wrote:

    >I am having a problem, when I try to launch Firefox it is not opening.
    >Upon checking task manager it is present under the processes list but is
    >not listed under applications that are running. Im running windows xp
    >and im not quite sure which version of Firefox Im running.
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >SS

    Had this problem intermittently with versions up to 1.06. Often
    enough to be a nuiscane. Wasn't running any extensions. Safe mode
    revealed no solutions. Went back to Mozilla...no problems with it.
    Jim
    Jim, Dec 15, 2005
  9. SightSeer

    anandbdu

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Firefox Not opening - Try this to solve....

    Dear friends, I also had the problem with firefox which was not opening even the firefox.exe is running. I tried the following steps and my problem got solved...

    1. Go to Task manager and end process "firefox.exe"
    2. Go to programs -> Mozilla Firefox -> open in safe mode..

    Now it will ask for some check list..

    3. In the check list select for defaults in almost all.....
    4. click make the changes permanent and restart...

    The problem will be solved......

    Regards

    B. Anand
    IT Person
    Bharathidasan University, Trichy, India.
    anandbdu, Jan 21, 2008