Firefox not loading web pages that IE will load

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Daniel Prince, Jun 24, 2005.

  1. Lately I have been having problems with FireFox not downloading
    files that IE will download. At least 80% of the last few times I
    have tried to download files I have gotten a message saying: "The
    link could not be saved. . ."

    When I try to download the same file with IE, I have no problem. I
    am using FireFox 1.0.4 with Download Sort 2.5.0. I think the
    problem started when I upgraded FireFox from 1.0 to 1.0.4.

    The latest page that I have had a problem with is:

    http://www.firegraphic.com/download/

    I have also had the same problem with these pages:

    http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=2859&file=11&evp=61b0e8ad41924a03c37615f4682b4cef

    http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/Text2.html (when trying to download
    Spellchecker Editbox)

    There were several others but I can not remember them right now. If
    you know what the problem is and how I can solve it, please let me
    know. Thank you in advance for all replies.
    --
    I have found several good doctors. I just have not been able
    to figure out how to climb through my TV screen to go to them.

    Daniel Prince, Jun 24, 2005

  2. Works fine in moz 1.7.8. I would also try right clicking and selecting
    "Save Link Target As..." and going from there.

    poly-p man

    =?iso-8859-1?B?/vOh/y3e9SH9IG1A8Q==?=, Jun 24, 2005

  3. Daniel Prince

    Doug G Guest

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > Lately I have been having problems with FireFox not downloading
    > files that IE will download. At least 80% of the last few times I
    > have tried to download files I have gotten a message saying: "The
    > link could not be saved. . ."
    >
    > When I try to download the same file with IE, I have no problem. I
    > am using FireFox 1.0.4 with Download Sort 2.5.0. I think the
    > problem started when I upgraded FireFox from 1.0 to 1.0.4.
    >
    > The latest page that I have had a problem with is:
    >
    > http://www.firegraphic.com/download/
    >
    > I have also had the same problem with these pages:
    >
    > http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=2859&file=11&evp=61b0e8ad41924a03c37615f4682b4cef
    >
    > http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/Text2.html (when trying to download
    > Spellchecker Editbox)
    >
    > There were several others but I can not remember them right now. If
    > you know what the problem is and how I can solve it, please let me
    > know. Thank you in advance for all replies.

    A couple of user comments at the Download Sort website say it doesn't
    work with FF 1.0.4.

    Try downloading with the Download Sort extension disabled.

    Doug G, Jun 24, 2005