Firefox not invoking Thunderbird for email

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Timo Salmi, Oct 12, 2008.

  1. Timo Salmi

    Timo Salmi Guest

    Strike the question. It was a NoScript program bug, and the update has
    been released. But since I already wrote the question, which now has
    been resolved, I am posting the question that I posed. Just in case
    someone else had the same dilemma. For the potentially less experienced,
    please note how I describe the problem, the version information and what
    I already first did to pinpoint the problem, before rushing to post.

    ------------- My original, intended message -----------------

    Firefox 2.0.0.17 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.17

    Consider the following kind of code on a page:

    Clicking that on IE, Opera, and Firefox safe-mode all invoke Thunderbird
    compose email. But Firefox with add-ons does not. I traced the problem
    down to the NoScript update 1.8.2.4. When I turn NoScript off, the
    feature mailto feature works as it used to and should.

    The questions. Is this a NoScript bug or am I missing a setting of an
    option switch that has changed since the previous NoScipt? If it is a
    bug how do I scroll back to the previous NoScript version.

    All the best, Timo

    --
    Prof. Timo Salmi mailto: ftp & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/
    Home page: http://www.uwasa.fi/laskentatoimi/henkilokunta/salmitimo/