    to re-install if I don't have to. I rebooted, but other than that, not
    sure where to look first.

    Thanks!
    jlab13, Jun 10, 2005

  2. jlab13

    Big Will Guest

    jlab13 wrote:
    > Suddenly, as in the last half hour. When I click on firefox, it doesn't
    > open. It is running as per my Task Manager but nowhere else. Not sure
    > how this has happened. Any idea where to look first? Don't want to half
    > to re-install if I don't have to. I rebooted, but other than that, not
    > sure where to look first.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Is there already an instance of FF in your task manager before you try
    and run FF. If so, close all instances of Firefox.exe via end process
    tree and then try running firefox.

    Regards,

    Will
    Big Will, Jun 10, 2005

  3. jlab13

    mike555 Guest

    jlab13 wrote:
    > Suddenly, as in the last half hour. When I click on firefox, it doesn't
    > open. It is running as per my Task Manager but nowhere else. Not sure
    > how this has happened. Any idea where to look first? Don't want to half
    > to re-install if I don't have to. I rebooted, but other than that, not
    > sure where to look first.
    >
    > Thanks!

    === sounds like an extension problem, some don't update properly......
    try starting Firefox in safe mode , if that works , it's an
    extension.... try to disable all of them and then enable them one at a
    time till it breaks , that one will be the problem one and needs to be
    uninstalled and perhaps reinstalled...
    or just make a new profile (by typing firefox.exe -profilemanager
    in the run box and make a new profile and starting over , this time use
    only the few extensions you feel you need)=========
    mike555, Jun 10, 2005