    September 4, due to some problems with my frontpage program.

    Any suggestions on what may be wrong? Do I perhaps need to reinstall
    firefox?
    meregoddess, Sep 12, 2006

  2. meregoddess

    gwtc Guest

    meregoddess wrote:
    > I installed the most recent version of Firefox on August 28th. I LOVE it.
    >
    > However, pages won't load now. Nothing. It goes to contact the site..then
    > the status bar says "done" but there is nothing there.
    >
    > I can't go to hotmail...cnn, anything. I am running Windows XP Media Center
    > Edition Service Pack 2.....I have a 2.80 ghz Pentium processor and a 1.2 gb
    > of ram. I have dial up for connection (not by CHOICE lol ).
    >
    > I haven't installed anything recently, although I did do a system restore to
    > September 4, due to some problems with my frontpage program.
    >
    > Any suggestions on what may be wrong? Do I perhaps need to reinstall
    > firefox?

    check your firewall, and look for the FF entry. When found delete it.
    Now restart FF. Does it work now?

    --
    Pic of the Day -- Toothache Problems?
    http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cocainedropshb1.jpg
    gwtc, Sep 12, 2006

  3. meregoddess

    meregoddess Guest

    Thanks, I got it working. Silly me.

    I had to change the port settings when I tried that silly "bellsouth web
    acceleration" and after I uninstalled it I forgot to change the proxy.

    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm back on track with firefox and loving it!

    mere

    meregoddess, Sep 12, 2006