    quite like it. Would be great if I can get Firefox to do it.

    Cheers,
    D.
    Dany P. Wu, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Dany P. Wu

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Dany P. Wu said the following on 28/09/2004 19:01:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Just started using Firefox here - it looks quite nice, albeit loading time
    > is a bit longer than I'd like.
    >
    > Anyway, I can't seem to find a setting that will make new URL open in a tab
    > by default. Is there any way of doing this? Prior to Firefox I used
    > SlimBrowser. That browser got me used to tabbed-browsing by default, and I
    > quite like it. Would be great if I can get Firefox to do it.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > D.

    Google for tabbrowser extensions and install the one from the Jap site.
    Collector-NZ, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Dany P. Wu

    Dany P. Wu Guest

    "Collector-NZ" <> wrote in message
    > Dany P. Wu said the following on 28/09/2004 19:01:
    >> Hi everyone,
    >> Just started using Firefox here - it looks quite nice, albeit loading
    >> time is a bit longer than I'd like.
    >> Anyway, I can't seem to find a setting that will make new URL open in
    >> a tab by default. Is there any way of doing this? Prior to Firefox I
    >> used SlimBrowser. That browser got me used to tabbed-browsing by
    >> default, and I quite like it. Would be great if I can get Firefox to
    >> do it. Cheers,
    >> D.

    > Google for tabbrowser extensions and install the one from the Jap site.

    That did the trick :eek:) Thanks!
    Dany P. Wu, Sep 28, 2004
  4. Dany P. Wu

    Jax Guest

    Dany P. Wu wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Just started using Firefox here - it looks quite nice, albeit loading time
    > is a bit longer than I'd like.
    >
    > Anyway, I can't seem to find a setting that will make new URL open in a tab
    > by default. Is there any way of doing this? Prior to Firefox I used
    > SlimBrowser. That browser got me used to tabbed-browsing by default, and I
    > quite like it. Would be great if I can get Firefox to do it.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > D.

    or just middle click on URL links (when already using broweser)
    I think ctrl and click also does it
    Jax, Sep 28, 2004
  5. Dany P. Wu

    Bob McLellan Guest

    There preload tools for most Moz apps. Have a look around.

    Bob McLellan, Sep 29, 2004
  6. Dany P. Wu

    SteveM Guest

    Bob McLellan <> wrote in news::

    > There preload tools for most Moz apps. Have a look around.
    >
    > Dany P. Wu wrote:
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> Just started using Firefox here - it looks quite nice, albeit loading
    >> time is a bit longer than I'd like.
    >>
    >> Anyway, I can't seem to find a setting that will make new URL open in
    >> a tab by default. Is there any way of doing this? Prior to Firefox I
    >> used SlimBrowser. That browser got me used to tabbed-browsing by
    >> default, and I quite like it. Would be great if I can get Firefox to
    >> do it.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> D.

    The extension "Tabbrowser Preferences" does this

    https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?category=Tabbed%
    20Browsing

    SteveM
    SteveM, Sep 29, 2004