    on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere.
    ..I have unticked show system & hidden files in windows
    Any help is appreciated

    MrMagoo, Dec 19, 2005

  2. MrMagoo

    James Guest

    "MrMagoo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Have xp pro sp2 with firefox 1.0.7
    > Need to know what the path to bookmarks.html is.I have run a serach
    > on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere.
    > .I have unticked show system & hidden files in windows
    > Any help is appreciated

    Assuming you have the deafult installation it is usually at:

    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile

    Or you can place a copy wherever you want by going into bookmark management
    and choosing "Export".

    James, Dec 19, 2005

  3. James wrote:

    > "MrMagoo" <> wrote in message
    >> Have xp pro sp2 with firefox 1.0.7
    >> Need to know what the path to bookmarks.html is.I have run a serach
    >> on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere.
    >> .I have unticked show system & hidden files in windows
    >> Any help is appreciated

    > Assuming you have the deafult installation it is usually at:
    >
    > C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile

    Not in my installation.

    Mr. Magoo, see your other thread titled (also) "Firefox" for definitive
    answers.

    > Or you can place a copy wherever you want by going into bookmark
    > management and choosing "Export".

    ...as a backup, yes.

    --
    -bts