  1. <http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/744-how-to-reduce-memory-usage-on-firefox-linux>

    Didn’t know about “about:cacheâ€. But then, my current Firefox instance
    reports only about a meg used for memory cache after running for 4 days.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 25, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > <http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/744-how-to-reduce-memory-usage-on-firefox-linux>
    >
    > Didn’t know about “about:cacheâ€. But then, my current Firefox instance
    > reports only about a meg used for memory cache after running for 4 days.

    I have Firefox 3.5 and it doesn't say anything about "memory cache".
    Just "disk cache" and "offline cache". How do you see the "memory cache"?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jan 25, 2010

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Matty F Guest

    On Jan 25, 4:55 pm, Enkidu <> wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > > <http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/744-how-to-reduce-memory-usage....>

    > > Didn’t know about “about:cache”. But then, my current Firefox instance
    > > reports only about a meg used for memory cache after running for 4 days..

    > I have Firefox 3.5 and it doesn't say anything about "memory cache".
    > Just "disk cache" and "offline cache". How do you see the "memory cache"?

    Put “about:cache” into the Firefox command line.
    Matty F, Jan 25, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Matty F wrote:
    > On Jan 25, 4:55 pm, Enkidu <> wrote:
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>> <http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/744-how-to-reduce-memory-usage...>
    >>> Didn’t know about “about:cache”. But then, my current Firefox
    >>> instance reports only about a meg used for memory cache after
    >>> running for 4 days.
    >>>

    >> I have Firefox 3.5 and it doesn't say anything about "memory
    >> cache". Just "disk cache" and "offline cache". How do you see the
    >> "memory cache"?

    > Put “about:cache” into the Firefox command line.

    Yeah I did that. It only mentioned disk cache and offline cache. This
    time it showed memory cache too. Looks like if there is nothing cached
    in memory it doesn't show that heading. Thanks!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jan 26, 2010