    I know this isn't a huge deal, but is there a way to fix the font size
    once
    and for all??

    Jonathan Wolgamuth, Feb 5, 2005

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/options#fontsandcolors

    =?UTF-8?B?4YCm4YC44YCm4YC44YCY4YCv4YCb4YCE4YC5?=, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Thanks for pointing that out, but I've read that documentation several
    times.

    I guess I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that this is one
    thing about IE that I like better than Firefox.

    Jon

    Jonathan Wolgamuth, Feb 8, 2005

    Nathan DeGruchy, Feb 8, 2005
  5. Nathan DeGruchy said:

    [...]
    > If you can't seem to live with /that/ then try:
    >
    > * { font-size: some-percentage-here% !important }
    >
    > this means to keep your settings, overriding other attempts at

    styling.
    [...]

    Yes, this is what I'm looking for! I found the example userContent.css
    and put it on my C:\Program Files\Mozilla
    Firefox\defaults\profile\chrome directory. I then put at the bottom
    (I'm assuming that * means commented out):

    { font-size: 75% !important }

    However, this doesn't affect anything. I've restarted Firefox and
    tried other things as well.

    { font-size: 11pt !important }

    Nothing seems to force the fonts to be the minimum size. Any
    suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong??

    Thanks for your help so far--I'm almost worried that I know about this
    now. I remember how much time I wasted working on the Xnews.ini file.
    :-\

    Jon

    Jonathan Wolgamuth, Feb 8, 2005
  6. In message news: on
    07 Feb 2005, Jonathan Wolgamuth said to all at alt.fan.mozilla

    > Yes, this is what I'm looking for! I found the example
    > userContent.css and put it on my C:\Program Files\Mozilla
    > Firefox\defaults\profile\chrome directory. I then put at the bottom
    > (I'm assuming that * means commented out):
    >
    > { font-size: 75% !important }
    >
    > However, this doesn't affect anything. I've restarted Firefox and
    > tried other things as well.
    >
    > { font-size: 11pt !important }
    >
    > Nothing seems to force the fonts to be the minimum size. Any
    > suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong??

    Okay, not that anyone was watching this thread, but if anyone cares, I
    was missing the *.

    * is not the comment indicator for .css files. It has to do with the /*
    to */ that keeps comments in bounds apart from the actual code. The *
    was necessary as a wildcard in my expression which means it applies to
    *all* fonts.

    Later,

    --

    Jonathan Wolgamuth <jonwolgamuth(at)gmail(dot)com>

    "I remember being knocked out by their, their exuberance, their raw
    power - and their punctuality."

    M.D.

    Jonathan Wolgamuth, Feb 14, 2005
  7. Jonathan  Wolgamuth

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Jonathan Wolgamuth wrote:

    > In message news: on
    > 07 Feb 2005, Jonathan Wolgamuth said to all at alt.fan.mozilla
    >

    >>Yes, this is what I'm looking for! I found the example
    >>userContent.css and put it on my C:\Program Files\Mozilla
    >>Firefox\defaults\profile\chrome directory. I then put at the bottom
    >>(I'm assuming that * means commented out):
    >>
    >>{ font-size: 75% !important }
    >>
    >>However, this doesn't affect anything. I've restarted Firefox and
    >>tried other things as well.
    >>
    >>{ font-size: 11pt !important }
    >>
    >>Nothing seems to force the fonts to be the minimum size. Any
    >>suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong??

    > Okay, not that anyone was watching this thread, but if anyone cares, I
    > was missing the *.
    >
    > * is not the comment indicator for .css files. It has to do with the /*
    > to */ that keeps comments in bounds apart from the actual code. The *
    > was necessary as a wildcard in my expression which means it applies to
    > *all* fonts.
    >
    > Later,

    I do believe you need to put the userContent.css file in the chrome
    folder of your profile - NOT in the Mozilla program folder.

    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_profile.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net