Firefox market share inflated

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Mosley Jones III, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. Mosley Jones III, Dec 21, 2006

  2. Mosley Jones III

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Mosley Jones III wrote:
    > Firefox market share has been inflated due to its prefetching.
    >
    > Stats from our servers puts firefox with about 4% market share with
    > prefetching. Remove the prefeching stats Fire fox market share must be lower
    > then 4% reported.
    >
    > http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/0,1000000097,39204643,00.htm

    Sigh. Citing an article that is a year-and-a-half old is hardly
    enhancing your already non-existent credibility.

    Also, the article cited makes only ONE citation regarding prefetching
    and that is when a user uses Google. How does that affect statistics on
    YOUR server? Answer: It does not.

    You obviously have no idea what prefetching is or how it works. I
    suggest you do some research before you continue making such incorrect
    statements. Unless one specifically puts the correct tags into the HTML
    documents, Firefox will NOT prefetch anything when visiting someone's site.

    In case you want to actually educate yourself on prefetching I'm giving
    you the link:

    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Link_prefetching_FAQ

    I doubt you'll read it and, if you do, I'm pretty sure you won't be back
    here to admit your ignorance.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 21, 2006

  3. Mosley Jones III

    FERRANTE Guest

    Why are you so obsessed with this? If you don't Firefox, use something
    else and proclaim their greatness in their NG's, should they exist.
    Those of us who use it, like it, and that is all that matters!

    Read this, all five rounds, and weep!

    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6656808-1.html

    Mark

    FERRANTE, Dec 22, 2006
  4. "FERRANTE" <> wrote in message
    > Why are you so obsessed with this?

    why answer my posts? Are you obsessed?

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 23, 2006
  5. Ed Mullen makes fool of himself

    "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > Mosley Jones III wrote:
    >> Firefox market share has been inflated due to its prefetching.
    >>
    >> Stats from our servers puts firefox with about 4% market share with
    >> prefetching. Remove the prefeching stats Fire fox market share must be
    >> lower then 4% reported.
    >>
    >> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/0,1000000097,39204643,00.htm

    > Sigh. Citing an article that is a year-and-a-half old is hardly enhancing
    > your already non-existent credibility.
    >
    > Also, the article cited makes only ONE citation regarding prefetching and
    > that is when a user uses Google. How does that affect statistics on YOUR
    > server? Answer: It does not.

    You feeble loser, you do not need Google to prefetch pages.
    you have made a complete fool of yourself
    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/doc...ere_any_restrictions_on_what_is_prefetched.3F

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 23, 2006
  6. Mosley Jones III

    Old Enough Guest

    Re: Ed Mullen makes fool of himself

    One person's opinion . . . . . . .

    On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:30:49 +0900, "Mosley Jones III"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    >> Mosley Jones III wrote:
    >>> Firefox market share has been inflated due to its prefetching.
    >>>
    >>> Stats from our servers puts firefox with about 4% market share with
    >>> prefetching. Remove the prefeching stats Fire fox market share must be
    >>> lower then 4% reported.
    >>>
    >>> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/0,1000000097,39204643,00.htm

    >> Sigh. Citing an article that is a year-and-a-half old is hardly enhancing
    >> your already non-existent credibility.
    >>
    >> Also, the article cited makes only ONE citation regarding prefetching and
    >> that is when a user uses Google. How does that affect statistics on YOUR
    >> server? Answer: It does not.

    >You feeble loser, you do not need Google to prefetch pages.
    >you have made a complete fool of yourself
    >http://developer.mozilla.org/en/doc...ere_any_restrictions_on_what_is_prefetched.3F
    >

    >> You obviously have no idea what prefetching is or how it works. I suggest
    >> you do some research before you continue making such incorrect statements.
    >> Unless one specifically puts the correct tags into the HTML documents,
    >> Firefox will NOT prefetch anything when visiting someone's site.
    >>
    >> In case you want to actually educate yourself on prefetching I'm giving
    >> you the link:
    >>
    >> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Link_prefetching_FAQ
    >>
    >> I doubt you'll read it and, if you do, I'm pretty sure you won't be back
    >> here to admit your ignorance.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ed Mullen
    >> http://edmullen.net
    >> http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    >> http://abington.edmullen.net
    >> What's another word for synonym?

    Old enough . . .
    to know I don't know a thing.

    Old Enough, Dec 23, 2006
  7. Mosley Jones III

    Ed Mullen Guest

    You blew it again, Jones

    Mosley Jones III wrote:
    > "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    >> Mosley Jones III wrote:
    >>> Firefox market share has been inflated due to its prefetching.
    >>>
    >>> Stats from our servers puts firefox with about 4% market share with
    >>> prefetching. Remove the prefeching stats Fire fox market share must be
    >>> lower then 4% reported.
    >>>
    >>> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/0,1000000097,39204643,00.htm

    >> Sigh. Citing an article that is a year-and-a-half old is hardly enhancing
    >> your already non-existent credibility.
    >>
    >> Also, the article cited makes only ONE citation regarding prefetching and
    >> that is when a user uses Google. How does that affect statistics on YOUR
    >> server? Answer: It does not.

    > You feeble loser, you do not need Google to prefetch pages.
    > you have made a complete fool of yourself
    > http://developer.mozilla.org/en/doc...ere_any_restrictions_on_what_is_prefetched.3F

    Sigh. Did I say Google is necessary to prefetch pages? I did not.
    Learn to read you twit.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net