    I would like to be able to check each day to see if FF has be used
    behind my back by an unauthorized program. Does FF offer logging of
    activity. If so, how do I enable it?

    mineola, Feb 1, 2008

  2. mineola wrote:
    > I would like to be able to check each day to see if FF has be used
    > behind my back by an unauthorized program. Does FF offer logging of
    > activity. If so, how do I enable it?

    nope!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 1, 2008

  3. mineola

    mineola Guest

    On Feb 1, 11:44 am, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:
    > mineola wrote:
    > > I would like to be able to check each day to see if FF has be used
    > > behind my back by an unauthorized program. Does FF offer logging of
    > > activity. If so, how do I enable it?

    > nope!

    sad, indeed! :(

    mineola, Feb 1, 2008
  4. mineola wrote:
    > On Feb 1, 11:44 am, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >> mineola wrote:
    >>> I would like to be able to check each day to see if FF has be used
    >>> behind my back by an unauthorized program. Does FF offer logging of
    >>> activity. If so, how do I enable it?

    >> nope!

    > sad, indeed! :(

    do a search for key loggers for some free software. That'll
    help you out where you want it.

    Furthermore, I don't think any of the top programs do what
    you want. SeaMonkey doesn't, Firefox doesn't, Internet
    Explorer sure hell doesn't, and I'm pretty sure that Opera
    is in the same category.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 2, 2008
  5. mineola

    Andy Luddy Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > mineola wrote:
    >> On Feb 1, 11:44 am, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> nope!

    >> sad, indeed! :(

    > do a search for key loggers for some free software. That'll help you
    > out where you want it.
    >
    > Furthermore, I don't think any of the top programs do what you want.
    > SeaMonkey doesn't, Firefox doesn't, Internet Explorer sure hell doesn't,
    > and I'm pretty sure that Opera is in the same category.

    You might be able to tell by looking at the modification dates for the
    history file (history.dat) and/or other files in the profile.

    Andy

    Andy Luddy, Feb 2, 2008
  6. mineola

    Geoff Guest

    mineola wrote:
    > I would like to be able to check each day to see if FF has be used
    > behind my back by an unauthorized program. Does FF offer logging of
    > activity. If so, how do I enable it?

    http://www.mandiant.com/webhistorian.htm

    use this with history.dat
    likely requires the user to not purge their history though i suppose

    Geoff, Feb 4, 2008