FIREFOX LIGHTS UP WEB BROWSER WORLD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by AeoN, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. AeoN

    AeoN Guest

    AeoN, Nov 20, 2004

  2. AeoN

    Duane Arnold Guest

    AeoN <> wrote in news:1100979663.XITHO620KjWNO97Ko1PNxg@
    1usenet:

    > Posted November 19, 1:39 PM PST Pacific Time
    >
    > SAN FRANCISCO - Firefox 1.0 appears to have sparked new activity in the
    > Web browser market.
    >
    > For the full story:
    > http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=A077F1:2585418

    Well, the trend is to move away from browsers and use Windows programming
    in C#, VB and C++ .Net with .Net WEB services and .Net Remoting being
    used to access resources by Windows desktop based applications. The
    browser technology will be around, but it will never be able to match the
    Windows based technology. That's where things are headed when it comes
    right down to the bottom line. When I can develop a .Net Windows desktop
    application that will allow the access to the Web Server, it's over for
    the browsers. The browsers are weak technology.

    http://tinyurl.com/5dof

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 21, 2004