    As I said before, IE doesn't seem to be having a problem, but the
    other users who access this workstation prefer Firefox.
    , Jun 15, 2007

  2. Guest

    I'm seeing more problems now:

    IE itself was uninstalled, their using Explorer.
    Avant, which I just installed, isn't working either.
    Ad-Aware is unable to connect to download new definitions.
    AOL won't download it's software either.

    Basically everything going out to the internet, short of Explorer,
    won't connect.
    , Jun 15, 2007

  3. inc Guest

    wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I'm seeing more problems now:
    >
    > IE itself was uninstalled, their using Explorer.
    > Avant, which I just installed, isn't working either.
    > Ad-Aware is unable to connect to download new definitions.
    > AOL won't download it's software either.
    >
    > Basically everything going out to the internet, short of Explorer,
    > won't connect.

    Stephan, try looking in Add/Remove Programs and see if there are any AOL
    entries left behind...in particular AOL Toolbar or AIM. Those will sometimes
    mess up a browser and not uninstall when AOL is uninstalled.

    inc
    inc, Jun 15, 2007
  4. wrote:

    > I'm seeing more problems now:
    >
    > IE itself was uninstalled, their using Explorer.
    > Avant, which I just installed, isn't working either.

    Avant is just a shell over Internet Explorer. If you uninstalled that
    (if even possible?), then surely Avant will not work.

    Find another computer, download Firefox, burn file to CD and install it
    on the problem machine.
    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#browsers

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive AOL
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 15, 2007
  5. ded Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm seeing more problems now:
    >
    > IE itself was uninstalled, their using Explorer.
    > Avant, which I just installed, isn't working either.
    > Ad-Aware is unable to connect to download new definitions.
    > AOL won't download it's software either.
    >
    > Basically everything going out to the internet, short of Explorer,
    > won't connect.

    Ah, where in World are you? If Europe, well AOL sold off
    all it's non Stateside operations, it is now two completely
    different organisations and you may have to reconfigure
    if you are Europe, you type in English, so if you are in UK
    or Ireland, these are AOL UK help numbers:
    a.. General enquiries (including technical support): 0870 320 2020
    a.. Broadband enquiries: 0870 320 2020
    a.. All enquiries from outside the UK: +44 117 919 1100*
    a.. Online Web Help: www.aol.co.uk/help
    ded, Jun 15, 2007
  6. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > I have a computer where someone decided they needed AOL installed,

    You NEVER need AOL. Most people just use AOL IM aka AIM. Just use that.
    It works perfectly with any pc.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 16, 2007