firefox keyboard mapping in danish

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Mads Peter Ravn, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I am having trouble with using dansih symbols in web forms with
    firefox. The following xmodmap has been loaded (it's an old sun keyboard):

    <snip>
    keycode 0xE9 = Meta_L Alt_L
    keycode 0xEA = Meta_L Alt_L
    add Control = Control_R
    add mod1 = Meta_L
    ! Add right meta as Mode-Switch mod2
    keycode 0xEE = Mode_switch
    add Mod2 = Mode_switch
    ! Add Latin-1 Danish characters at the ISO 646 positions
    keycode 54 = bracketleft braceleft AE ae
    keycode 55 = bracketright braceright Aring aring
    keycode 56 = backslash bar Ooblique oslash
    ! Add Latin-1 Danish characters at the usual HP positions
    keysym A = A NoSymbol aring Aring
    keysym E = E NoSymbol ae AE
    keysym O = O NoSymbol oslash Ooblique
    </snip>

    meaning that M-o should give me a ... well an o with a slash in it
    (can't write the damn thing). Does firefox not use the x mappings? Or do
    you have to set it explicitly in about:config - and in that case where?

    Any input would be appreciated.

    /Mads

    Mads Peter Ravn, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Bit of extra info:

    The character coding is set to western (ISO-8859-1) for both
    composition and display. This character set includes support
    for danish national characters as far as I can tell

    --
    email: it is not warm, it is hot

    Mads Peter Ravn, Apr 7, 2004