    does anyone have any suggestions as to why or how ti fix it?

    thanks

    vinny

    vinny, Apr 10, 2006

  2. "vinny" <> wrote in message
    news:x_k_f.2022$aE.244@trndny04...
    >I am using firefox 1.501 and it seems too slow (internet explorer seams 2
    >to 3 time faster). I have dsl at 1.5 megabits. preavious version seam to
    >have the same problem. i install a plugin to make firefox faster but I
    >could not get it to perform any faster.
    >
    > my system is
    > a athlon 64 3000+ with 512mb of ram and windows xp
    >
    > does anyone have any suggestions as to why or how ti fix it?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > vinny

    Do you mean Firefox starts a lot slower, or that once started it performs a
    lot slower?

    ShuckItAnShee, Apr 10, 2006

  3. vinny

    Miller Guest

    *vinny* wrote on 10.04.06 06:16:
    > I am using firefox 1.501 and it seems too slow

    [..snip..]
    > i install a plugin to make firefox faster but [..snip..]

    Hummm, bad idea! I know lots of FF-Extensions and -Plugins,
    but none, which makes FF "faster". What's it's name?

    If it's called "FasterFox" - just forget it!
    "FasterFox" fiddles around with some configuration-values of FF,
    which you shouldn't touch - unless you know *exactly* what you're
    doing!

    cu, Miller

    Miller, Apr 10, 2006
  4. vinny

    Echy Guest

    vinny wrote:
    > I am using firefox 1.501 and it seems too slow (internet explorer seams
    > 2 to 3 time faster). I have dsl at 1.5 megabits. preavious version
    > seam to have the same problem. i install a plugin to make firefox
    > faster but I could not get it to perform any faster.
    >
    > my system is
    > a athlon 64 3000+ with 512mb of ram and windows xp
    >
    > does anyone have any suggestions as to why or how ti fix it?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > vinny

    My own experience is that Firefox is fast to load & certainly not slow
    to run. "Fast" and "not slow" are very subjective terms of course but
    to me it is fine.

    I run it on four computers - desktops/notebooks of various specs. & to
    me it doesn't seem slow on any of them.

    Maybe this plug-in you mention is the problem. Didn't know there was
    one, what is it?

    Regards
    Echy
    Melbourne, Australia

    Echy, Apr 10, 2006
  5. vinny

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:01:54 GMT, Echy
    <> wrote:

    >vinny wrote:
    >> I am using firefox 1.501 and it seems too slow (internet explorer seams
    >> 2 to 3 time faster). I have dsl at 1.5 megabits. preavious version
    >> seam to have the same problem. i install a plugin to make firefox
    >> faster but I could not get it to perform any faster.
    >>
    >> my system is
    >> a athlon 64 3000+ with 512mb of ram and windows xp
    >>
    >> does anyone have any suggestions as to why or how ti fix it?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> vinny

    >My own experience is that Firefox is fast to load & certainly not slow
    >to run. "Fast" and "not slow" are very subjective terms of course but
    >to me it is fine.
    >
    >I run it on four computers - desktops/notebooks of various specs. & to
    >me it doesn't seem slow on any of them.
    >
    >Maybe this plug-in you mention is the problem. Didn't know there was
    >one, what is it?
    >
    >Regards
    >Echy
    >Melbourne, Australia

    Fasterfox

    Nho Whei, Apr 10, 2006
  6. vinny

    elaich Guest

    "ShuckItAnShee" <> wrote in

    > Do you mean Firefox starts a lot slower, or that once started it
    > performs a lot slower?

    Funny how the OP never responds in most of these kinds of threads, isn't
    it?

    elaich, Apr 11, 2006
  7. vinny

    vinny Guest

    once firefox starts it performs much slower while browsing web pages

    vinny, Apr 12, 2006
  8. vinny

    BOB Guest

    Firefox usually takes 8-12 seconds to load which is unacceptable.
    This is 2006 not 1006 people..

    BOB, Apr 12, 2006
  9. vinny

    Echy Guest

    BOB wrote:
    > Firefox usually takes 8-12 seconds to load which is unacceptable.
    > This is 2006 not 1006 people..
    >

    > On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 01:08:24 GMT, "vinny" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> once firefox starts it performs much slower while browsing web pages
    >> "vinny" <> wrote in message
    >>> I am using firefox 1.501 and it seems too slow (internet explorer seams 2
    >>> to 3 time faster). I have dsl at 1.5 megabits. preavious version seam to
    >>> have the same problem. i install a plugin to make firefox faster but I
    >>> could not get it to perform any faster.
    >>>
    >>> my system is
    >>> a athlon 64 3000+ with 512mb of ram and windows xp
    >>>
    >>> does anyone have any suggestions as to why or how ti fix it?
    >>>
    >>> thanks
    >>>
    >>> vinny

    For what it's worth - mine takes 8 seconds on 512 kbps DSL connection,
    computer 384 MB RAM, Celeron 950 MHZ. Loads 5 pages in that time.

    Seems fair enough to me.

    Echy
    Melbourne, Australia

    Echy, Apr 12, 2006
  10. vinny

    BOB Guest

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:55:59 GMT, Echy
    <> wrote:

    >BOB wrote:
    >> Firefox usually takes 8-12 seconds to load which is unacceptable.
    >> This is 2006 not 1006 people..
    >>

    >> On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 01:08:24 GMT, "vinny" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> once firefox starts it performs much slower while browsing web pages
    >>> "vinny" <> wrote in message

    >For what it's worth - mine takes 8 seconds on 512 kbps DSL connection,
    >computer 384 MB RAM, Celeron 950 MHZ. Loads 5 pages in that time.
    >
    >Seems fair enough to me.
    >
    >Echy
    >Melbourne, Australia

    Ok if you think 8 seconds is fair considering it's the year 2006. I
    guess everyone is settled into a pattern these days. I suspect soon we
    will accept deaths from common diseases like the common cold and
    headaches too.

    By the way, do you know that crocodile hunter dude steve erwin? Or
    have you met him? He seems like a cool dude? I bet he downs beers like
    water. His wife looks like a lose goose too.

    thanks,

    BOB, Apr 12, 2006