    Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    with the correct settings). Stop and go browising just doesn't cut it.
    CRILL, Apr 23, 2006

  2. CRILL

    Miller Guest

    *CRILL* wrote on 23.04.06 17:10:
    > Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    > it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    > with the correct settings). Stop and go browising just doesn't cut it.

    If you want some help to set it up: tell us some details.
    If you just want to moan about FF: do it in an InternetExplorer newsgroup.
    Miller, Apr 23, 2006

  3. CRILL

    Guest

    Yeah is there anyway to stop the tribal fusion stuff and casamedia pop ups?
    I think this is probably the only pop ups that get through on my browser.
    , Apr 23, 2006
  4. CRILL

    Miller Guest

    Maybe adblock+ will help: http://bene.sitesled.com/adblock.htm
    Miller, Apr 23, 2006
  5. CRILL

    gwtc Guest

    wrote:

    > Yeah is there anyway to stop the tribal fusion stuff and casamedia pop ups?
    > I think this is probably the only pop ups that get through on my browser.

    I don't know about tribal fusion, but for casamedia it has something
    to do with roaming cookies.

    --
    Things to Ponder about: Why do toasters always have a setting that
    burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would
    gwtc, Apr 23, 2006
  6. CRILL

    Guest

    I have tried adblock and that doesn't cure this problem. Those tricky
    little devils.
    , Apr 23, 2006
  7. CRILL

    CRILL Guest

    In article <444b9f4d$0$11076$-online.net>,
    Miller <> wrote:

    > *CRILL* wrote on 23.04.06 17:10:
    > > Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    > > it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    > > with the correct settings). Stop and go browsing just doesn't cut it.

    > If you want some help to set it up: tell us some details.

    What details? Version 1.5.0.x now installs with settings previously
    recommended to suppress ads. I'm accustomed to popups, but not to a
    browser that jams when it encounters one. When this first happened, I
    thought the program or the computer had crashed, but now realize Firefox
    will work its way free and respond again if given enough time.
    Meanwhile, you're left with the world's slowest browser. Considering
    how ubiquitous a.tribalfusion.com ads are on the web, you would think
    that a real-world browser would know how to deal with them without
    stopping dead in its tracks.

    > If you just want to moan about FF: do it in an InternetExplorer newsgroup.

    Right, like that logic works. Should everyone that's unimpressed with
    IE start posting here about their dissatisfaction?
    CRILL, Apr 23, 2006
  8. CRILL

    CRILL Guest

    In article <444ba89d$0$11076$-online.net>,
    Miller <> wrote:

    > ** wrote on 23.04.06 18:12:
    > > Yeah is there anyway to stop the tribal fusion stuff and casamedia pop ups?
    > > I think this is probably the only pop ups that get through on my browser.

    > Maybe adblock+ will help: http://bene.sitesled.com/adblock.htm

    I was using Adblock with Firefox, and it didn't help with
    a.tribalfusion.com popups.
    CRILL, Apr 23, 2006
  9. CRILL

    Faun Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    > it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    > with the correct settings). Stop and go browising just doesn't cut it.

    I don't get it. I went to:
    http://www.tribalfusion.com/channels/sitelist.html?adPropId=94&dataId=94

    ....and tried a few, ten or so, different sites that supposedly are
    affiliated with them, ran them and there were no problems with Fx that I
    could detect. No pop-ups, no delays, nada. I assume, without knowing--
    not that I care much about it--that the site mentioned above is the same
    tribalfucksion you're talking about.

    Care to enlighten me as to where you have problems?

    My guess is you need to run an anti-spamware app...or get better filters
    for AdBlock...or both.
    --
    faun.
    Faun, Apr 23, 2006
  10. CRILL

    John Guest

    On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:10:54 GMT, CRILL <> wrote:

    >Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    >it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    >with the correct settings). Stop and go browising just doesn't cut it.

    Not sure what the reason for your complaint is . . . . . .
    I've used FF for years (now use the latest version) without problems.
    My OS is Windows XP SP2; with a 3-year old custom built computer (based on an
    ASUS CUV4X-C MB and a 800 megahertz Intel Pentium III processor.
    I keep my machine free from malware using Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster
    and Grisoft AVG-Free.

    So, whatever your problem is, it would appear it is NOT Firefox.

    I suggest you give your computer a really good check for other problems.

    (TIP: I found that when I have unexplained serious problems - which is not very
    often - formatting my hard drive, re-installing my OS and other programs, has
    always resolved such problems. From my experience, most problems are with
    individual computers [or their operators], not with software which millions of
    other users run with little or no problem.)

    Good luck!

    John <><
    John, Apr 23, 2006
  11. CRILL

    Ed Mullen Guest

    CRILL wrote:
    > Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    > it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    > with the correct settings). Stop and go browising just doesn't cut it.

    Try a HOSTS file.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Apr 24, 2006
  12. CRILL

    Nobody Guest

    On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:12:43 GMT, wrote:

    >Yeah is there anyway to stop the tribal fusion stuff and casamedia pop ups?
    >I think this is probably the only pop ups that get through on my browser.

    Well, as a SeaMonkey aficianado, all I can ask is "what the hell are
    <tribal fusion> and <casamedia>?

    And this guy roams far and wide in nasty places on the 'Net!
    Nobody, Apr 24, 2006
  13. CRILL

    CRILL Guest

    In article <>,
    "John <><" <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:10:54 GMT, CRILL <> wrote:
    >
    > >Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    > >it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    > >with the correct settings). Stop and go browising just doesn't cut it.

    > Not sure what the reason for your complaint is . . . . . .
    > I've used FF for years (now use the latest version) without problems.
    > My OS is Windows XP SP2; with a 3-year old custom built computer (based on
    > an
    > ASUS CUV4X-C MB and a 800 megahertz Intel Pentium III processor.
    > I keep my machine free from malware using Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, Spyware
    > Blaster
    > and Grisoft AVG-Free.
    >
    > So, whatever your problem is, it would appear it is NOT Firefox.
    >
    > I suggest you give your computer a really good check for other problems.
    >
    > (TIP: I found that when I have unexplained serious problems - which is not
    > very
    > often - formatting my hard drive, re-installing my OS and other programs,
    > has
    > always resolved such problems. From my experience, most problems are with
    > individual computers [or their operators], not with software which millions
    > of
    > other users run with little or no problem.)
    >
    > Good luck!
    >

    > John <><

    I keep a pretty clean machine by regularly using Ad-Aware, SpyCatcher,
    and ClamWin AV. If it is a system or computer problem, I would expect
    it to also affect my other browsers (for instance, Mozilla 1.7 runs
    perfectly). It seems that tribalfusion really has Firefox's number.
    CRILL, Apr 24, 2006
  14. CRILL

    CRILL Guest

    In article <MPG.1eb60dad60e1b11b989a7a@207.14.113.17>,
    Faun <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    > > Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    > > it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    > > with the correct settings). Stop and go browsing just doesn't cut it.

    > I don't get it. I went to:
    > http://www.tribalfusion.com/channels/sitelist.html?adPropId=94&dataId=94
    >
    > ...and tried a few, ten or so, different sites that supposedly are
    > affiliated with them, ran them and there were no problems with Fx that I
    > could detect. No pop-ups, no delays, nada. I assume, without knowing--
    > not that I care much about it--that the site mentioned above is the same
    > tribalfucksion you're talking about.

    It figures that you wouldn't get any popups if you visit their website.
    Meanwhile, they're busy fouling everyone else's nest.

    > Care to enlighten me as to where you have problems?

    Sure. The problem occurs when Firefox 1.5.0.2 opens another window
    (usually from clicking on a link), and then stops responding as it
    loads. You can't switch between windows, and you can't leave or close
    the browser. The effect is as if your system froze, and in the
    beginning I was rebooting until discovering that you could wait it out.
    Control is eventually restored to you, but only after tribalfusion scat
    appears in the task bar.

    > My guess is you need to run an anti-spamware app...or get better filters
    > for AdBlock...or both.

    I use Ad-Aware and SpyCatcher, and also run the AdBlock extension.
    Firefox appears to need more help than that.
    CRILL, Apr 24, 2006
  15. CRILL

    John Guest

    On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 01:06:36 GMT, CRILL <> wrote:

    >I keep a pretty clean machine by regularly using Ad-Aware, SpyCatcher,
    >and ClamWin AV. If it is a system or computer problem, I would expect
    >it to also affect my other browsers (for instance, Mozilla 1.7 runs
    >perfectly). It seems that tribalfusion really has Firefox's number.

    Who or what is tribalfusion?

    I googled the word - it came up with a bunch of sites, none of which attracted
    me to the point that I wanted to click on them.

    What does it do for you?

    Please enlighten me - Thanks!

    John <><
    John, Apr 24, 2006
  16. On 2006-04-23, Faun <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >> Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    >> it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    >> with the correct settings). Stop and go browising just doesn't cut it.

    > I don't get it. I went to:
    > http://www.tribalfusion.com/channels/sitelist.html?adPropId=94&dataId=94
    >
    > ...and tried a few, ten or so, different sites that supposedly are
    > affiliated with them, ran them and there were no problems with Fx that I
    > could detect. No pop-ups, no delays, nada. I assume, without knowing--
    > not that I care much about it--that the site mentioned above is the same
    > tribalfucksion you're talking about.

    Same here -- no pop-ups, delays, whatever using FF-1.5.0.2 on linux
    through privoxy proxy.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Apr 24, 2006
  17. CRILL

    Vinnie Guest

    > Same here -- no pop-ups, delays, whatever using FF-1.5.0.2 on linux
    > through privoxy proxy.

    Fine here, seems like the problem is at Crill's end.
    Vinnie, Apr 24, 2006
  18. CRILL

    elaich Guest

    CRILL <> wrote in news:xspamCRILL-
    :

    > It seems that tribalfusion really has Firefox's number.

    No, tribalfusion has YOUR number, and it's probably because you have
    malware on your computer. The problem has nothing to do with Firefox. I
    haven't even seen tribalfusion for years now.

    Unfortunately, some of these infections are beyond the abilities of
    freeware security software to correct. Your only solution may be to save
    all your data and reformat/reinstall.
    elaich, Apr 24, 2006
  19. CRILL

    MM Guest

    On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:37:47 +0200, Miller <>
    wrote:

    >*CRILL* wrote on 23.04.06 17:10:
    >> Why? Because it regularly locks up for a half-minute or more whenever
    >> it has to deal with a.tribalfusion popups (and I've got the latest build
    >> with the correct settings). Stop and go browising just doesn't cut it.

    >If you want some help to set it up: tell us some details.
    >If you just want to moan about FF: do it in an InternetExplorer newsgroup.

    What the heck use would it be to complain in an IE group? Do you
    complain about your Ford at a GM dealership?

    Fact is, since the past few upgrades FF has become *UNUSABLE* what
    with the slowdowns and the freeze-ups. Yes, the entire PC hangs,
    requiring reset to be pressed. CPU usage is up around 88% just before
    that happens, and Process Explorer points directly at FF as the CPU
    hogger. Bloody useless, FF is now. I'm going to be looking elsewhere
    if there isn't a fix pretty darned soon. What the dickens is the
    browser DOING when it's hogging the CPU like that? The pages I have
    loaded are just passive web pages. Nothing downloading, nothing
    happening, yet the CPU is running faster than George W. Bush is from
    reality.

    MM
    MM, Apr 24, 2006
  20. CRILL