    opens in firefox, locally stored HTML opens in firefox, however clicking on
    a URL in outlookexpress opens to AvantBrowser.... Any ideas? (no i don't
    want to use a different newsreader)
    nooneimportant, Feb 1, 2006

  2. nooneimportant wrote:
    > So i had probs wiht an extension with firefox, thanks to all who replied,
    > got'r'dun. Got it back running up to speed and reset it to the default
    > browser. Links from documents open in firefox, my yahoo mail indicator
    > opens in firefox, locally stored HTML opens in firefox, however clicking on
    > a URL in outlookexpress opens to AvantBrowser.... Any ideas? (no i don't
    > want to use a different newsreader)

    Since the problem seems to be restricted to OE, it would be an OE
    problem. If you want to set up Thunderbird as a test, that might help
    us troubleshoot.

    Perhaps, an OE user here may have some insight for you. If not, try the
    MS groups for help.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 1, 2006

  3. nooneimportant

    Ed Mullen Guest

    nooneimportant wrote:
    > So i had probs wiht an extension with firefox, thanks to all who replied,
    > got'r'dun. Got it back running up to speed and reset it to the default
    > browser. Links from documents open in firefox, my yahoo mail indicator
    > opens in firefox, locally stored HTML opens in firefox, however clicking on
    > a URL in outlookexpress opens to AvantBrowser.... Any ideas? (no i don't
    > want to use a different newsreader)

    What version of Windows (including service pack level)? If WinXPSP2,
    did you set Firefox as the default using Start - Set Program Access and
    Defaults? Have you checked all possible file types/extensions in
    Explorer - Tools - Folder Options - File Types?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 1, 2006