Firefox installation problem (was: Re: Test-1)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Stegozor, Jan 17, 2006.

  1. Stegozor

    Stegozor Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > tune
    >>> I get an error which approximately says that something went wrong or was

    > not
    >>> completed with the installation of either a Mozilla browser or a

    > Netscape
    >>> browser.

    >> Mozilla foundation stopped the work on Mozilla suite, to focus only on
    >> Firefox and Thundebird, but some people took over the suite, now named
    >> SeaMonkey. More information at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey
    >>
    >> As for the installation, I suggest you go in C:/Windows/Program Files
    >> and delete the Mozilla.org directory, and then try again.

    > I think that I have already tried at least twice.

    If you're interested in solving this installation problem, I suggest we
    continue this discussion on news:alt.fan.mozilla . I crosspost this
    message in this newsgroup and the follow-up to directs also there. I
    hope we'll get an answer soon from folks who will spend some of their
    time to read the quotes. I think they will probably ask for more
    information, especially the error message displayed. ;)

    Stegozor, Jan 17, 2006

  2. Re: Firefox installation problem

    Stegozor wrote:

    >> tune

    >> not

    >> Netscape
    >>> Mozilla foundation stopped the work on Mozilla suite, to focus only on
    >>> Firefox and Thundebird, but some people took over the suite, now named
    >>> SeaMonkey. More information at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey
    >>>
    >>> As for the installation, I suggest you go in C:/Windows/Program Files
    >>> and delete the Mozilla.org directory, and then try again.

    >> I think that I have already tried at least twice.

    > If you're interested in solving this installation problem, I suggest we
    > continue this discussion on news:alt.fan.mozilla . I crosspost this
    > message in this newsgroup and the follow-up to directs also there. I
    > hope we'll get an answer soon from folks who will spend some of their
    > time to read the quotes. I think they will probably ask for more
    > information, especially the error message displayed. ;)

    I had a little trouble deciphering the quotes, but if I understand
    correctly, the OP tried to install the Mozilla Suite, and got an error
    message in the install.

    Was there ever another installation of the Suite on this machine, or an
    installation of Netscape 7.1 or 7.2? What is the exact OS? I'm assuming
    Windows, but what version?

    Off the top of my head, uninstall Mozilla using Control
    Panel>>Add/Remove Programs. Delete the C:\Program File\mozilla.org
    directory, as previously suggested.

    Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org. Rename it to
    mozilla.old, so the installer doesn't know its there. Download a fresh
    copy of the installer and install again.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 17, 2006