    This has been common the last couple of upgrades to get error messages, not
    a good way to introduce the browser to newbies. Any ideas? I'll check back
    in awhile.

    David, Feb 10, 2004

  2. David

    Keith Bowes Guest

    David wrote:
    > I just downloaded Firefox for Windoze(using Windoze installer, what
    > happened to zip file?), and got the following error.
    >
    > no XBL binding for browser
    >
    > This has been common the last couple of upgrades to get error messages, not
    > a good way to introduce the browser to newbies. Any ideas? I'll check back
    > in awhile.

    Well, Firefox isn't supposed to be for newbies anyway. It's pre-release
    software for testers.

    You should uninstall previous versions first. Creating a new profile
    won't hurt either.

    Keith Bowes, Feb 10, 2004

  3. David wrote:
    > I just downloaded Firefox for Windoze(using Windoze installer, what
    > happened to zip file?), and got the following error.
    >
    > no XBL binding for browser
    >
    > This has been common the last couple of upgrades to get error messages, not
    > a good way to introduce the browser to newbies. Any ideas? I'll check back
    > in awhile.

    Most likely, you are using an outdated theme, or possibly an extension.
    Delete the Chrome folder in your profile, which will get rid of all
    themes installed to the profile folder. Then reopen FF, which should
    open in the default theme. When you reinstall the them you prefer, make
    sure you select one that is compatible with the new version.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Did you disable all extensions in the previous version of Firebird before the installation?
    It is a point mentioned in the Firefox page.

    --
    Firefox, probably the best browser in this world

    Ricco@Mobility, Feb 10, 2004
  5. David

    David Guest

    Keith Bowes <> wrote in
    > Well, Firefox isn't supposed to be for newbies anyway. It's
    > pre-release software for testers.
    >
    > You should uninstall previous versions first. Creating a new profile
    > won't hurt either.

    Ouch, wasn't expecting to get bit.

    Anyways, I thought it would all be fresh since the browser name was changed
    and it would go in it's own folder seperate from Firbird. I did a
    workaround by creating a new profile and I have no problems. I wasn't
    interested in deleating my chrome file since I have a lot of extentions
    that I value and hate the idea of trying to find them all and re-download.

    Obviously my extentions and different theme were creating my problems.
    Thanks for the help, I should've been able to figure this one out myself.

    No newbie to Mozilla!

    David, Feb 10, 2004
  6. David wrote:
    > Keith Bowes <> wrote in
    >
    >>Well, Firefox isn't supposed to be for newbies anyway. It's
    >>pre-release software for testers.
    >>
    >>You should uninstall previous versions first. Creating a new profile
    >>won't hurt either.
    >>

    > Ouch, wasn't expecting to get bit.
    >
    > Anyways, I thought it would all be fresh since the browser name was changed
    > and it would go in it's own folder seperate from Firbird. I did a
    > workaround by creating a new profile and I have no problems. I wasn't
    > interested in deleating my chrome file since I have a lot of extentions
    > that I value and hate the idea of trying to find them all and re-download.
    >
    > Obviously my extentions and different theme were creating my problems.
    > Thanks for the help, I should've been able to figure this one out myself.
    >

    > No newbie to Mozilla!

    On further thought, the problem is most likely that you have an outdated
    version of Tab Browser Extensions which is incompatible with Firefox.
    Rather then deleting your chrome folder (you would back it it up of
    course first) you could try deleting or renaming all the files in it
    that refer to TBE. Then go to:

    http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en

    and install the latest version.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 10, 2004
  7. David

    David Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    On further thought, the problem is most likely that you have an
    > outdated version of Tab Browser Extensions which is incompatible with
    > Firefox. Rather then deleting your chrome folder (you would back it it
    > up of course first) you could try deleting or renaming all the files
    > in it that refer to TBE. Then go to:
    >
    > http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en
    >
    > and install the latest version.
    >
    > Lee

    Yep, TE was the problem child. I updated all of my extentions and now have
    no more problems.

    David, Feb 11, 2004