    everything. How do I get my stored passwords from the old firefox install
    (which I saved) into the new firefox install?

    Thank you
    me, Jan 9, 2005

  2. me wrote:
    > I installed a new hard drive yesterday and did a complete reinstall of
    > everything. How do I get my stored passwords from the old firefox install
    > (which I saved) into the new firefox install?
    >
    > Thank you

    The passwords are stored in signons.txt. Copy the saved copy, and paste
    it into your new FF profile, overwriting the one thats there.

    If there is no signons.tst in your new FF profile, you may have to go a
    web site or two and save a couple of passwords. That will generat ethe
    file. Then proceed as above.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 10, 2005

  3. me

    me Guest

    I copied the old signons.txt file to the new directory.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxx.default
    Directory and I can see there are encrypted passwords there but they don't
    appear unless I add them new. I also did a search to make sure that was the
    only one and it is.

    thanks

    me, Jan 10, 2005
  4. me wrote:
    > I copied the old signons.txt file to the new directory.
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxx.default
    > Directory and I can see there are encrypted passwords there but they don't
    > appear unless I add them new. I also did a search to make sure that was the
    > only one and it is.
    >
    > thanks
    >

    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>me wrote:
    >>
    >>>I installed a new hard drive yesterday and did a complete reinstall of
    >>>everything. How do I get my stored passwords from the old firefox install
    >>>(which I saved) into the new firefox install?
    >>>
    >>>Thank you
    >>>

    >>The passwords are stored in signons.txt. Copy the saved copy, and paste
    >>it into your new FF profile, overwriting the one thats there.
    >>
    >>If there is no signons.tst in your new FF profile, you may have to go a
    >>web site or two and save a couple of passwords. That will generat ethe
    >>file. Then proceed as above.
    >>
    >>Lee

    I should have mentioned key3.db, see my response to your other thread.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 10, 2005