    bar; will have to see how I get on.

    Tripped over one bit of finger memory already: “Open in new window†versus
    “open in new tab†have been swapped in the right-click menu.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 23, 2011

  2. I like the only-appearing-on-demand status panel. And being able to
    hide/show the add-on bar with a keystroke gives me a few more precious
    pixels to look at content and nothing but content. :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 23, 2011

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Boots Guest

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 21:36:42 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Tripped over one bit of finger memory already: “Open in new windowâ€
    > versus “open in new tab†have been swapped in the right-click menu.

    Personally I prefer it the way it was for 3.x than for 4.x as I quite
    often open pages with new windows (and yeah I know the pros and contras.

    Boots, Mar 23, 2011
  4. On , , Wed, 23 Mar 2011 21:36:42 +1300, Firefox/Iceweasel 4, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >Did a long-overdue update of my Debian Unstable installation, and was
    >gratified to pick up version 4.0 of Firefox/Iceweasel.
    >
    >At first glance, I don’t mind the new look with the tabs above the address
    >bar; will have to see how I get on.

    I am noot a fan, I keep looking for the tabs and persist on looking under the
    toolbar rather than above it.

    >Tripped over one bit of finger memory already: “Open in new window†versus
    >“open in new tab†have been swapped in the right-click menu.

    Same here, that was the first thing I tripped up on as well.

    to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
    Anatole France.
    Mgsr. Scooter, Mar 23, 2011
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    AD. Guest

    On Mar 23, 9:36 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > Tripped over one bit of finger memory already: “Open in new window” versus
    > “open in new tab” have been swapped in the right-click menu.

    Heh. Chromium/Chrome having them that way round would always trip me
    up when switching browsers (eg when developing web apps). Maybe now,
    this newfound consistency will mean I'll be able to adjust
    (eventually).

    --
    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Mar 23, 2011
  6. In message <imcbeq$r48$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Tripped over one bit of finger memory already: “Open in new window†versus
    > “open in new tab†have been swapped in the right-click menu.

    I should really just learn to middle-click...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 23, 2011
  7. It now recognizes URLs in selected text!
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 24, 2011
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-03-24, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > It now recognizes URLs in selected text!

    Good stuff eh? ;-
    Gordon, Mar 25, 2011
  9. Seems to cancel typeahead when you open a new window. I’m accustomed to
    hitting CTRL/N, then tab to the search box and start typing a string, but it
    keeps losing the tab now, as well as the first couple of characters
    following.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 30, 2011
  10. Another feature I didn’t notice before, you can drag a tab up to the
    Bookmarks menu (only that menu, no other), and it will pop down and let you
    insert a new item.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 30, 2011
  11. Another small change: previously, if I had the Find bar open in a window and
    opened a new window, that would also have its Find bar visible. But no
    longer.

    I prefer the new way: I always thought having the Find bar initially visible
    was a minor nuisance.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 2, 2011