    IE saves a link to my desktop but I can't figure out how to do this with
    Firefox.

    , Feb 6, 2006

  2. Donald Guest

    Click the G thats ahead of address and drag to desktop

    Donald, Feb 6, 2006

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 21:56:44 -0600, "Donald" <> wrote:

    >Click the G thats ahead of address and drag to desktop

    Thanks.
    Is there no way to copy paste?
    I have to shrink my window to see my desktop which is a pain.
    I much prefer IE in this regard.
    Is there a Bookmarks folder?
    Or is it a file. I prefer a folder where I can see the links before starting
    the browser.

    ><> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I hate bookmarks and favorites. I never use them.
    >> IE saves a link to my desktop but I can't figure out how to do this with
    >> Firefox.

    , Feb 6, 2006
  4. Donald Guest

    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\z6owh3kg.default\bookmarks.html

    Donald, Feb 6, 2006
  5. ked wrote:

    > Thanks.
    > Is there no way to copy paste?
    > I have to shrink my window to see my desktop which is a pain.
    > I much prefer IE in this regard.

    Guess your desktop is cluttered and clogged with bookmarks ...

    > Is there a Bookmarks folder?

    A "virtual folder": view - sidebars - bookmarks. Looks like IE.

    > Or is it a file. I prefer a folder where I can see the links before
    > starting the browser.

    You can search for a bookmarks.html file in your "documents and settings"
    hierarchy, set a link at your deesktop or quickstart, and ... well, it will
    open with a browser by default.
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Feb 6, 2006
  6. Guest

    On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 09:03:36 +0100, Walter Mautner
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:

    >> Thanks.
    >> Is there no way to copy paste?
    >> I have to shrink my window to see my desktop which is a pain.
    >> I much prefer IE in this regard.

    >Guess your desktop is cluttered and clogged with bookmarks ...

    That's all I use it for. Nothing else.

    >> Is there a Bookmarks folder?

    >A "virtual folder": view - sidebars - bookmarks. Looks like IE.

    I hate those. I'll drag the links to my desktop and organize them there.
    I never used favorites in IE either.
    Thanks for the help

  7. ked wrote:

    > On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 09:03:36 +0100, Walter Mautner

    >>Guess your desktop is cluttered and clogged with bookmarks ...
    >>

    > That's all I use it for. Nothing else.

    Ah. Interesting. But then, do you create subfolders and sort them by theme?
    You did notice windows occasionally shuffles your links around?

    >>> Is there a Bookmarks folder?

    >>A "virtual folder": view - sidebars - bookmarks. Looks like IE.
    >>

    > I hate those. I'll drag the links to my desktop and organize them there.
    > I never used favorites in IE either.

    But then, you can have a hierarchical structure there, and still keep the
    overview.
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Feb 6, 2006
  8. Guest

    On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 23:04:17 +0100, Walter Mautner
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 09:03:36 +0100, Walter Mautner

    >>>Guess your desktop is cluttered and clogged with bookmarks ...
    >>>

    >> That's all I use it for. Nothing else.
    >>

    >Ah. Interesting. But then, do you create subfolders and sort them by theme?

    Not subfolders, just separate folders on my desktop. This way I can launch them
    in the browser of my choice using drag and drop. Some websites just work better
    in a certain browser.

    >You did notice windows occasionally shuffles your links around?

    >>>A "virtual folder": view - sidebars - bookmarks. Looks like IE.
    >>>

    >> I hate those. I'll drag the links to my desktop and organize them there.
    >> I never used favorites in IE either.

    >But then, you can have a hierarchical structure there, and still keep the
    >overview.

    On a 22 inch monitor it's easier to view links in desktop folders. I can't
    remember the last time I actually opened the favorites folder in IE.
    I like everything up front.
    I rarely click the Start button either.
    I have 70 links on the hidden taskbar. I do everything from there. It's very
    efficient for me because I usually have 6-8 windows/programs open at all times.

    I hate it when installing new programs they decide to **** up my toolbar.
    I can find most links with my eyes closed.

    , Feb 7, 2006