    Any ideas how i can stop it?

    cheers,

    /mark

    Mark Weedon, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Mark Weedon

    gwtc Guest

    Mark Weedon wrote:
    > Folks,
    >
    > For some reason my Firefox home page keeps reverting to MSN... which is
    > exactly what i don't want!
    >
    > It seems to happen on reboot mainly.
    >
    > Any ideas how i can stop it?
    >
    > cheers,
    >

    > /mark

    what do you have running in the background that might be doing that?

    --
    Pic of the Day -- Toothache Problems?
    http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cocainedropshb1.jpg

    gwtc, Sep 11, 2006

  3. Mark Weedon

    hkluis

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    I had the same problem on my ThinkPad, and then I found a setting "Override home page" on my wireless connection profile that controls the revert.

    If you have Thinkpad, start the ThinkVantage Access Connection icon on the system tray (lower right corner of screen). Click "Manage" below the menu bar. Select the currently connected profile. Click menu "Profile Action", Edit... At the profile dialog, go to tab "Additional Settings". Uncheck "Override home page".

    If you don't have ThinkPad, then see if your computer has a similar configuration for its wireless or LAN profiles.

    When all else fail, try this: start regedit and search for "http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome". If you can find this string, the containing folder might give you some clue as to the app that reverts it. Note that you might have a search hit on IE -- that's not it; keep searching.

    hkluis, Oct 15, 2006