    http://rapidshare.de/files/14085296/error_instaling_google_toolbar_in_firefox.avi

    i dont understand...
    , Feb 25, 2006

  2. gwtc Guest

    Re: Firefox Google Toolbar - Editing Options to allow installationhas no effect

    wrote:

    > i have firefox v1.501 , when i try to install google toolbar
    > installation refuses, says i must edit options, and i did , i allowed
    > toolbar.google.com but has no effect
    >
    > i am accepting software installation, i am accepting pop ups, cookies,
    > have no firewalls nor anti-virus nor nothing that could be blocking
    > whatever
    >
    > you can see for yourself
    > http://rapidshare.de/files/14085296/error_instaling_google_toolbar_in_firefox.avi
    >
    > i dont understand...

    sorry, but I don't know you from Adam, so I'm not going to download
    and open a file. If you want to post pics then do so at
    http://imageshack.us.

    Since I don't know what the attachment is, I'm going to make a guess.
    In the Address Bar type in about:config then look for the entry of:

    xpinstall.enabled

    when found, double click on it and change it to True
    gwtc, Feb 25, 2006

  3. Guest

    i dont even know myself from adam, what is adam?

    and thank you for your tip, double clicking xpinstall.enabled solved
    this issue
    , Feb 26, 2006
  4. Re: Firefox Google Toolbar - Editing Options to allow installationhas no effect

    wrote:
    > i dont even know myself from adam, what is adam?
    >
    > and thank you for your tip, double clicking xpinstall.enabled solved
    > this issue

    I dont know you from Adam is a colloquialism, a saying
    meaning I dont know anything about you
    Adam in this case being a man's name, specifically (or so it occurs to
    me anyway) Adam, the first man
    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 26, 2006
  5. Charani Guest

    On 25 Feb 2006 16:28:16 -0800, wrote:

    > i dont even know myself from adam, what is adam?

    Not what but who. Not knowing someone from Adam is a saying. It
    means you're a total stranger.
    Charani, Feb 26, 2006