    How can I sort this out? I'd ideally like my google search results
    returned from google.co.uk but google.com would be fine also.

    TIA.
    Abso, Jan 6, 2005

  2. Abso

    Vazilis Guest

    "Abso" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:...
    > Hello. I've downloaded Firefox recently onto two PCs I use on my home
    > network and in both cases the google search bar in the toolbar returns
    > results in German from Google.de. Any ideas?
    >
    > The google.src file in \searchplugins has "www.google.com/search"
    > included within it so I have no idea what's giving Firefox the idea to
    > search google.de.
    >
    > How can I sort this out? I'd ideally like my google search results
    > returned from google.co.uk but google.com would be fine also.

    I think that google recently (some weeks) have done some new stuffs,
    they check your IP and redirect you to your country vesion of google...
    I don't know if it was done for improve search performance or to help
    "normal"
    people, but it's a very bad idea for me. If they want to keep the
    redirecting com
    version, Google should make a international version (just based of english
    language, and more).
    Or does it already exist?
    Vazilis, Jan 6, 2005

  3. Abso

    Abso Guest

    Vazilis wrote:

    > "Abso" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > > Hello. I've downloaded Firefox recently onto two PCs I use on my
    > > home network and in both cases the google search bar in the toolbar
    > > returns results in German from Google.de. Any ideas?
    > >
    > > The google.src file in \searchplugins has "www.google.com/search"
    > > included within it so I have no idea what's giving Firefox the idea
    > > to search google.de.
    > >
    > > How can I sort this out? I'd ideally like my google search results
    > > returned from google.co.uk but google.com would be fine also.

    > I think that google recently (some weeks) have done some new stuffs,
    > they check your IP and redirect you to your country vesion of
    > google... I don't know if it was done for improve search performance
    > or to help "normal"
    > people, but it's a very bad idea for me. If they want to keep the
    > redirecting com
    > version, Google should make a international version (just based of
    > english language, and more).

    Excellent. Based on your answer I've changed the text of google.src to
    read "www.google.co.uk.search" and now I have searches being served by
    google.co.uk with no German redirects.

    Thanks.
    Abso, Jan 6, 2005
  4. Abso

    Abso Guest

    Abso wrote:

    > Excellent. Based on your answer I've changed the text of google.src
    > to read "www.google.co.uk.search" and now I have searches being

    ^
    /

    Abso, Jan 6, 2005