    wanted to search for example "Elvis Presley" all I had to do was type in E L
    V and a list of suggestions popped up.
    How do i get it back? It appears to have lost its memory!!

    Hugh Jarse, Aug 31, 2007

  2. Hugh Jarse

    sittingduck Guest

    Hugh Jarse wrote:

    > I bet you wondered what that title meant? Basically, I have a Google add
    > on in my F Fox browser which used to predict what I was searching for.
    > If I wanted to search for example "Elvis Presley" all I had to do was
    > type in E L V and a list of suggestions popped up.
    > How do i get it back? It appears to have lost its memory!!

    In Firefox it's called "Saved Form Information". You can't get it back once
    you clear it. Check your settings you may have inadvertantly turned it off.

    --
    http://improve-usenet.org

    sittingduck, Aug 31, 2007

  3. Hugh Jarse

    Jim S Guest

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:08:28 -0700, sittingduck wrote:

    > Hugh Jarse wrote:
    >
    >> I bet you wondered what that title meant? Basically, I have a Google add
    >> on in my F Fox browser which used to predict what I was searching for.
    >> If I wanted to search for example "Elvis Presley" all I had to do was
    >> type in E L V and a list of suggestions popped up.
    >> How do i get it back? It appears to have lost its memory!!

    > In Firefox it's called "Saved Form Information". You can't get it back once
    > you clear it. Check your settings you may have inadvertantly turned it off.

    Sorry to intrude, but I don't think you are correct. On Google (on Firefox)
    if I type elv it gives me the option of a number of things Elvis and Elves
    and so on. I have never typed elv before so it cannot be 'saved'
    information.

    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

    Jim S, Aug 31, 2007
  4. Hugh Jarse

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Aug 31, 2007
  5. Hugh Jarse

    Toast Guest

    Jim S <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:08:28 -0700, sittingduck wrote:
    >
    >> Hugh Jarse wrote:
    >>
    >>> I bet you wondered what that title meant? Basically, I have a
    >>> Google add on in my F Fox browser which used to predict what I
    >>> was searching for. If I wanted to search for example "Elvis
    >>> Presley" all I had to do was type in E L V and a list of
    >>> suggestions popped up. How do i get it back? It appears to have
    >>> lost its memory!!

    >> In Firefox it's called "Saved Form Information". You can't get it
    >> back once you clear it. Check your settings you may have
    >> inadvertantly turned it off.

    > Sorry to intrude, but I don't think you are correct. On Google (on
    > Firefox) if I type elv it gives me the option of a number of
    > things Elvis and Elves and so on. I have never typed elv before so
    > it cannot be 'saved' information.

    My guess is that you’re after the settings for a FF extension called
    CustomizeGoogle.

    In FF: Tools > Add-ons > <Select Add-on> > Options

    .... and fool around to your heart’s desire.

    (BTW, the thang you’re looking for is called GoogleSuggest, or
    something very similar.)

    (PS: Why have you not put this query to a Mozilla FF NG? It's kinda
    lost around these parts.)

    Toast, Aug 31, 2007
  6. Toast wrote:

    > (PS: Why have you not put this query to a Mozilla FF NG? It's kinda
    > lost around these parts.)

    And in what way are you qualified to comment on that?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 31, 2007
  7. Part_Time_Troll, Sep 1, 2007
  8. Hugh Jarse

    Toast Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in news:8O6dnWur-
    :

    > Toast wrote:
    >
    >> (PS: Why have you not put this query to a Mozilla FF NG? It's kinda
    >> lost around these parts.)

    > And in what way are you qualified to comment on that?

    Umm, now that you point it out clearly none whatsoever. I unreservedly
    and categorically withdraw that remark.

    Please excuse me while I forelock tug and grovel my way backwards to
    the door, Squire.

    Toast, Sep 1, 2007