    Firefox over years of IE use, but this is one thing that I can't live
    with as it is!

    Thanks.

    Galaxy, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Galaxy

    Quivis Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    8>< /snip
    > Firefox over years of IE use, but this is one thing that I can't live
    > with as it is!

    I think I know what you're after, but sadly it isn't yet possible. At
    least not to my knowledge. You have to manually sort the bookmarks in
    the manager for them to be sorted in the drop down menu.

    The only thing I can think of is to open the bookmark file in an HTML
    editor and sort the lines in there. If it makes it easier or not, I
    don't know. Just a thought...

    HTH

    Q.

    Quivis, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:25:00 +0200, Quivis <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >8>< /snip
    >> Firefox over years of IE use, but this is one thing that I can't live
    >> with as it is!

    >I think I know what you're after, but sadly it isn't yet possible. At
    >least not to my knowledge. You have to manually sort the bookmarks in
    >the manager for them to be sorted in the drop down menu.
    >
    >The only thing I can think of is to open the bookmark file in an HTML
    >editor and sort the lines in there. If it makes it easier or not, I
    >don't know. Just a thought...

    There's the Sort Bookmarks extension. It works perfectly.
    http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#sortbookmarks

    Galaxy, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Galaxy

    Quivis Guest

    Quivis, Jun 30, 2004
  5. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:35:04 +0200, Quivis <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >> There's the Sort Bookmarks extension. It works perfectly.
    >> http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#sortbookmarks

    >Thanks. Have to test this.
    >

    >Q.

    I'm very pleased with this. Every time I add a bookmark, it gets sent
    down to the bottom of the pile. This extension adds a "Sort
    bookmarks" option in the bookmarks pulldown menu and it sorts _all_
    the bookmarks, no matter where there were, both main folders and those
    nested within folders.

    So without this extension, over time the sort order would become a
    mess. This allows us to keep everything alphabetical. I know I'm not
    the only one, but I name everything very carefully no matter what
    program or where something is located on my hdd. So to find things
    easily, I also need everything sorted in alphanumeric order.

    Good luck!

    Galaxy, Jul 1, 2004