    Ctrl+Alt+delete. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but that didn't help. It
    is fully up to date. My OS is Windows XP. Any ideas about why it happens and
    what to do?
    r.howard1, Jun 16, 2006

  2. r.howard1

    gwtc Guest

    r.howard1 wrote:

    > When I try to save a page, Firefox freezes and must be shut down by
    > Ctrl+Alt+delete. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but that didn't help. It
    > is fully up to date. My OS is Windows XP. Any ideas about why it happens and
    > what to do?

    open the download manager [from Tools], and empty it.

    --
    Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #1: Make race car noises when
    anyone gets on or off.
    gwtc, Jun 17, 2006

  3. r.howard1

    r.howard1 Guest

    r.howard1, Jun 17, 2006
  4. r.howard1

    sf Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:38:28 -0500, r.howard1 wrote:

    > If it is any clue, there is a
    > download in there which is uncompleted.

    Delete it and start over.
    sf, Jun 17, 2006
  5. r.howard1

    r.howard1 Guest

    "sf" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:38:28 -0500, r.howard1 wrote:
    >
    >> If it is any clue, there is a
    >> download in there which is uncompleted.

    > Delete it and start over.

    I try to delete it but it freezes. In fact, anything I click in the
    Downloads box causes Firefox to freeze.
    r.howard1, Jun 17, 2006
  6. r.howard1

    gwtc Guest

    r.howard1 wrote:

    > "sf" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:38:28 -0500, r.howard1 wrote:
    >>

    >>> If it is any clue, there is a
    >>> download in there which is uncompleted.

    >>Delete it and start over.
    >>

    > I try to delete it but it freezes. In fact, anything I click in the
    > Downloads box causes Firefox to freeze.

    Close FF and make sure its closed by looking in the task manager
    [ctrl+alt+del] and end it there. Then using your file manager, locate
    your profile and delete the file downloads.rdf. Now, restart FF and
    try again. Does this work now?

    To locate your profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    --
    Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #2: Grimace painfully while
    smacking your forehead and muttering: "Shut up, dammit! All of you
    gwtc, Jun 17, 2006
  7. r.howard1

    r.howard1 Guest

    "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    > Close FF and make sure its closed by looking in the task manager
    > [ctrl+alt+del] and end it there. Then using your file manager, locate
    > your profile and delete the file downloads.rdf. Now, restart FF and try
    > again. Does this work now?

    Wow! It worked! Thanks, gwtc!
    r.howard1, Jun 18, 2006