    firefox windows end up closing. (This does not happen with my mozilla 1.7)

    anyone know the solution to this?

    TIA
    Glen S, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Glen S wrote:
    > For some reason my firefox 1.0 has started acting up when I click on a
    > download link, I have my default download dir set to a dir on my hard
    > drive, but whenever I initiate a download I get an error popup
    > complaining that drive e (one of my cd drives) is not ready, and no
    > amount of clicking close, cancel or the X will make this window go away!
    > I eventually have to kill the process thru task manager, and all my
    > firefox windows end up closing. (This does not happen with my mozilla 1.7)
    >
    > anyone know the solution to this?
    >
    > TIA

    First of all, have you cleared the entries in Download Manager lately?

    Tools>>Downloads and click the Clean up button. If the entries are
    allowed to build up, all sorts of odd things can happen.

    Second, Tools>>Options>>Downloads

    If Save Files to this folder is checked, make sure its not pointing to
    your E drive. Another course is to select to be asked for the location
    with each download.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Glen S

    Glen S Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Glen S wrote:
    >
    >> For some reason my firefox 1.0 has started acting up when I click on a
    >> download link, I have my default download dir set to a dir on my hard
    >> drive, but whenever I initiate a download I get an error popup
    >> complaining that drive e (one of my cd drives) is not ready, and no
    >> amount of clicking close, cancel or the X will make this window go
    >> away! I eventually have to kill the process thru task manager, and all
    >> my firefox windows end up closing. (This does not happen with my
    >> mozilla 1.7)
    >>
    >> anyone know the solution to this?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > First of all, have you cleared the entries in Download Manager lately?
    >
    > Tools>>Downloads and click the Clean up button. If the entries are
    > allowed to build up, all sorts of odd things can happen.
    >
    > Second, Tools>>Options>>Downloads
    >
    > If Save Files to this folder is checked, make sure its not pointing to
    > your E drive. Another course is to select to be asked for the location
    > with each download.
    >
    > Lee

    I just tried to do the Tools>>Downloads suggestion, and that brought up
    the endless error window and had to kill the process. As for
    Tools>>Options>>Downloads, the save files to option is checked, and
    pointing to a directory on a hard drive so this is not the problem.

    I suspect that at one time I may have saved to a memory stick when it
    was using E:, but I still do not know why it is still doing this.
    Glen S, Jan 26, 2005
  4. Glen S wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Glen S wrote:
    >>
    >>> For some reason my firefox 1.0 has started acting up when I click on
    >>> a download link, I have my default download dir set to a dir on my
    >>> hard drive, but whenever I initiate a download I get an error popup
    >>> complaining that drive e (one of my cd drives) is not ready, and no
    >>> amount of clicking close, cancel or the X will make this window go
    >>> away! I eventually have to kill the process thru task manager, and
    >>> all my firefox windows end up closing. (This does not happen with my
    >>> mozilla 1.7)
    >>>
    >>> anyone know the solution to this?
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> First of all, have you cleared the entries in Download Manager lately?
    >>
    >> Tools>>Downloads and click the Clean up button. If the entries are
    >> allowed to build up, all sorts of odd things can happen.
    >>
    >> Second, Tools>>Options>>Downloads
    >>
    >> If Save Files to this folder is checked, make sure its not pointing to
    >> your E drive. Another course is to select to be asked for the location
    >> with each download.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > I just tried to do the Tools>>Downloads suggestion, and that brought up
    > the endless error window and had to kill the process. As for
    > Tools>>Options>>Downloads, the save files to option is checked, and
    > pointing to a directory on a hard drive so this is not the problem.
    >
    > I suspect that at one time I may have saved to a memory stick when it
    > was using E:, but I still do not know why it is still doing this.

    Without looking awt the machine, I can only guess, but my guess is that
    your downloads directory is so over loaded that it won't clean p.

    With Firefox closed, go to your profile directory and delete or rename
    the file downloads.rdf.

    Reopen Firefox and try a download again.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 26, 2005
  5. Glen S

    Glen S Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Glen S wrote:

    >>> First of all, have you cleared the entries in Download Manager lately?
    >>>
    >>> Tools>>Downloads and click the Clean up button. If the entries are
    >>> allowed to build up, all sorts of odd things can happen.
    >>>
    >>> Second, Tools>>Options>>Downloads
    >>>
    >>> If Save Files to this folder is checked, make sure its not pointing
    >>> to your E drive. Another course is to select to be asked for the
    >>> location with each download.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> I just tried to do the Tools>>Downloads suggestion, and that brought
    >> up the endless error window and had to kill the process. As for
    >> Tools>>Options>>Downloads, the save files to option is checked, and
    >> pointing to a directory on a hard drive so this is not the problem.
    >>
    >> I suspect that at one time I may have saved to a memory stick when it
    >> was using E:, but I still do not know why it is still doing this.
    >>

    > Without looking awt the machine, I can only guess, but my guess is that
    > your downloads directory is so over loaded that it won't clean p.
    >

    > With Firefox closed, go to your profile directory and delete or rename
    > the file downloads.rdf.
    >
    > Reopen Firefox and try a download again.
    >
    > Lee

    thanks - you were right in that cleaning up the downloads from the
    downloads windows would do the trick, I did this by simply inserting a
    cd in to E: and then opening the window Tools>>Downloads>>cleanup.
    Glen S, Jan 26, 2005