Firefox Forms Manager

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by graeme@invalid, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. Gary Mugford wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > One of the things that seems to be missing from Firefox is a Forms
    > Manager button in the Options dialog.

    <snip>

    Go to tools\options\privacy\saved form history, press clear. Click on
    the + box and deselect- save information I enter in Web page forms and
    the search bar.

    I tested it and it works well, no more drop downs of previous searches.
    I tried Google and Yahoo and it worked for both

    graeme@invalid, Nov 3, 2004

  2. graeme@invalid

    Gary Mugford Guest

    Hi,

    One of the things that seems to be missing from Firefox is a Forms
    Manager button in the Options dialog.

    The reason I'm interested in having forms info deleted is Google. I
    did a search on Google for a present that I'm looking to get for my
    neice. I didn't think much of the drop down list of my most recent
    searches until I glanced over Paige's shoulder when she was over
    visiting and watched in horror as the search for her present was at
    the top of that drop-down list. Luckily, she was distracted at that
    moment and didn't see.

    Then I tried wiping out that list. I went through the cookies. Nada.
    I went to Google's site, but one of their FAQs specifically comments
    on this problem being a browser issue. Indeed, my Mozilla (which Paige
    will use until the new year [G]), doesn't have the drop down list.

    Is there an extension that can control the history list or is there a
    setting somewhere in Firefox that I can use to turn it off?

    Thanks, GM
    Gary Mugford
    Idea Mechanic Inc
    Bramalea ON Canada
    NOTE: Please remove NOSPAM from signature before emailing

    Gary Mugford, Nov 4, 2004

  3. graeme@invalid

    Gary Mugford Guest

    Graeme,

    I tried this and it works as advertised. And it got rid of all OTHER
    form info that had been saved. It seems all or nothing as compared to
    the case by case basis we had with Mozilla.

    Thanks for a solution that does work, GM

    Gary Mugford, Nov 6, 2004