    of any resources that could help me figure out what's going on? I
    haven't "seen" the problem yet -- he has no monitor. :)

    (But if I have to, I'll hook one up to see what the problem is.)
    ., Dec 13, 2004

  2. Le 13/12/2004 20:45, . a ecrit :
    > A blind friend of mine is using JAWS to navigate through his computer
    > and web. He goes to a website (eBay, for example), and JAWS articulates
    > to him the text and URLs. He uses the keyboard to tab between links, and
    > when he finds the link he wants, he hits space bar. It's amazing to see
    > him in action.
    >
    > When he complained about popups, I told him to switch to Firefox. He
    > said he tried that, but that it didn't work well with JAWS. Anyone know
    > of any resources that could help me figure out what's going on? I
    > haven't "seen" the problem yet -- he has no monitor. :)
    >
    > (But if I have to, I'll hook one up to see what the problem is.)

    There is a brand new special version of Jaws for firefox :

    http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/s2s/latest/jaws1/home/index.shtml

    Pascal chevrel
    Pascal Chevrel, Dec 13, 2004

  3. .

    Guest

    What does that Jaws do. convert all the text to audio and read it?
    I suppose that would be needed for the blind unless someone can find a
    way to do braille on a monitor.

    HeeHaw

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:45:33 -0800, "." <> wrote:

    >A blind friend of mine is using JAWS to navigate through his computer
    >and web. He goes to a website (eBay, for example), and JAWS articulates
    >to him the text and URLs. He uses the keyboard to tab between links, and
    >when he finds the link he wants, he hits space bar. It's amazing to see
    >him in action.
    >
    >When he complained about popups, I told him to switch to Firefox. He
    >said he tried that, but that it didn't work well with JAWS. Anyone know
    >of any resources that could help me figure out what's going on? I
    >haven't "seen" the problem yet -- he has no monitor. :)
    >
    >(But if I have to, I'll hook one up to see what the problem is.)
    , Dec 14, 2004