    I am using Freetype2. My X res is 1024x768 & font res is 75x75dpi. If that
    has any significance..

    thanks in advance...

    bmgz, Sep 8, 2004

  2. bmgz

    bmgz Guest

    bmgz wrote:

    > I am using the latest firefox in kde-3.3.0 I have set gtk applications to
    > use the tahoma font (gtk-font-name = "Tahoma 11") in .gtkrc and have
    > disabled XFT from antialiasing fonts in the range of 8pt-15pt.
    >
    > Although this font setup works fine with all my other gnome apps, firefox
    > has decided to make its ui font 2 points larger? Furthermore It refuses to
    > antialias anything out of the specified ranges of 8pt-15pt.. Firefox seems
    > to be acting like a right spoiled bastard.. I suspect their is somethings
    > I will need to specify in userChrome.css or prefs.js?
    >
    > I am using Freetype2. My X res is 1024x768 & font res is 75x75dpi. If that
    > has any significance..
    >
    > thanks in advance...

    OK I got the ui fonts the write size by setting the font resolution to
    72dpi. When I go to particular sites the font is tiny, jagged and just
    plain nasty - http://www.kde-look.org in particular... and XFT antialiasing
    for fonts > 14pt still isn't working..

    bmgz, Sep 8, 2004

  3. bmgz

    Brian Guest

    bmgz wrote:
    > bmgz wrote:
    >

    >>I am using the latest firefox in kde-3.3.0 I have set gtk applications to
    >>use the tahoma font (gtk-font-name = "Tahoma 11") in .gtkrc and have
    >>disabled XFT from antialiasing fonts in the range of 8pt-15pt.
    >>
    >>Although this font setup works fine with all my other gnome apps, firefox
    >>has decided to make its ui font 2 points larger? Furthermore It refuses to
    >>antialias anything out of the specified ranges of 8pt-15pt.. Firefox seems
    >>to be acting like a right spoiled bastard.. I suspect their is somethings
    >>I will need to specify in userChrome.css or prefs.js?
    >>
    >>I am using Freetype2. My X res is 1024x768 & font res is 75x75dpi. If that
    >>has any significance..
    >>
    >>thanks in advance...

    > OK I got the ui fonts the write size by setting the font resolution to
    > 72dpi. When I go to particular sites the font is tiny, jagged and just
    > plain nasty - http://www.kde-look.org in particular... and XFT antialiasing
    > for fonts > 14pt still isn't working..

    Looks like this for me:

    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/tmp/kdelook.png