    John Guest

    Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes the bookmark icon
    to that site, how do I remove them and stop this from happening?

    John, Dec 19, 2005

  2. John

    gwtc Guest

    John wrote:

    > Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes the bookmark icon
    > to that site, how do I remove them and stop this from happening?

    whats are flavicons? Is that anything like a favicon? :p

    gwtc, Dec 19, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    > John wrote:
    >
    >> Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes the bookmark
    >> icon to that site, how do I remove them and stop this from happening?

    > whats are flavicons? Is that anything like a favicon? :p

    Yes, but they taste better. :0)

    John, Dec 19, 2005
  4. John

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:32:25 -0000, in message
     <>, John wrote:

    > Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes the bookmark icon
    > to that site,

    That is why they are called favicons (favicon = FAVorites ICON).
    They are meant to change the favorites (or bookmarks) icon for the site.

    > how do I remove them

    I don't know whether the favicon picker extension will do this (I
    don't use it).
    https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=325
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=617
    Otherwise, manually edit the file bookmarks.html in your user profile
    directory, and remove all of the ICON="data:......" attributes.

    • http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ffbkmkicon.html
    • http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips#beh_icons
    • http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs_:_About:config_Entries#Browser..2A

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

    Ralph Fox, Dec 19, 2005
  5. John

    John Guest

    "Ralph Fox" <-echo.invalid> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:32:25 -0000, in message
    > <>, John wrote:
    >
    >> Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes the bookmark
    >> icon
    >> to that site,

    > That is why they are called favicons (favicon = FAVorites ICON).
    > They are meant to change the favorites (or bookmarks) icon for the site.
    >

    >> how do I remove them

    > I don't know whether the favicon picker extension will do this (I
    > don't use it).
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=325
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=617
    > Otherwise, manually edit the file bookmarks.html in your user profile
    > directory, and remove all of the ICON="data:......" attributes.
    >

    >> and stop this from happening?

    > . http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ffbkmkicon.html
    > . http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips#beh_icons
    > .
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs_:_About:config_Entries#Browser..2A

    That did the trick, thanks.

    John, Dec 19, 2005
  6. John

    snapesgal Guest

    I hope you didn't actually go through your entire bookmarks.html file
    all you have to do is add a customization to the user.js file.

    If you add the text listed below to your user.js file favicons will not
    show up anymore.

    // Disable Bookmark Icons
    user_pref("browser.chrome.site_icons", false);
    user_pref("browser.chrome.favicons", false);

    snapesgal, Dec 20, 2005
  7. John

    Lukan Guest

    John wrote:
    > Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes
    > the bookmark icon to that site, how do I remove them and
    > stop this from happening?

    Flavored icons?

    Lukan, Dec 20, 2005