    FireFox 3.6.6
    Mandravia 2010.1
    Linux

    Rich, Jul 19, 2010

  2. Rich

    Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:30:03 -0700, Rich <> wrote:

    >Getting a strange problem when I mouse over a link or button. The screen
    >flashes to a black screen quickly and then back. I also don't have the
    >ability to resize the window and the top description panel with the minimize
    >or X exit buttons are now missing. The firefox window takes up my entire
    >screen and not able to get to my Task Bar at the bottom causing the problem
    >of not being able to open another program without closing firefox.
    >
    >FireFox 3.6.6
    >Mandravia 2010.1
    >Linux

    No one can help you because you're using Linux. No body uses Linux
    anymore. The problem is probably in Linux, which Linux is so full of
    bugs that no one uses it.

    , Aug 30, 2010

  3. Rich

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:30:03 -0700, in message <i21nhe$fq2$-september.org>
    Rich wrote:

    > Getting a strange problem when I mouse over a link or button. The screen
    > flashes to a black screen quickly and then back. I also don't have the
    > ability to resize the window and the top description panel with the minimize
    > or X exit buttons are now missing. The firefox window takes up my entire
    > screen and not able to get to my Task Bar at the bottom causing the problem
    > of not being able to open another program without closing firefox.
    >
    > FireFox 3.6.6
    > Mandravia 2010.1
    > Linux

    I suggest you use the news server "news.mozilla.org" to ask your question
    in the newsgroup "mozilla.support.firefox" which you will find there.
    Most people have moved there. There are Linux users there, and there are
    fewer lame trolls like phase3.

    KNode handles multiple news servers, so I read.
    http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdepim/knode/more-knode-features.html#multiple-news-accounts
    Set up "news.mozilla.org" as another news server.

    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Aug 30, 2010
  4. Rich

    The Real Bev Guest

    On 08/30/10 01:52, wrote:

    > On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:30:03 -0700, Rich<> wrote:
    >
    >>Getting a strange problem when I mouse over a link or button. The screen
    >>flashes to a black screen quickly and then back. I also don't have the
    >>ability to resize the window and the top description panel with the minimize
    >>or X exit buttons are now missing. The firefox window takes up my entire
    >>screen and not able to get to my Task Bar at the bottom causing the problem
    >>of not being able to open another program without closing firefox.
    >>
    >>FireFox 3.6.6
    >>Mandravia 2010.1
    >>Linux

    > No one can help you because you're using Linux. No body uses Linux
    > anymore. The problem is probably in Linux, which Linux is so full of
    > bugs that no one uses it.

    Ah, another M$ employee doing his best to...uh...something. Or a
    Follower of Tux pulling a reverse whammy. Or something completely
    different.

    I've been using slackware/fvwm95 since 1995 and I've never experienced
    anything like that. Standard suggestion is to start FF with a new
    profile (firefox -P) and see if that works right. If so, disable all
    the extensions in your default profile and start adding them in two by
    two (lots of restarting FF here) until you discover the culprit.

    Sorry for the late reply, I just started reading this group.

    --
    Cheers, Bev
    I can picture a world without war, without hate. I can picture

    The Real Bev, Sep 7, 2010