FireFox Extensions

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Robert, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I had FF installed on an older computer along with a couple of extensions. I
    just got a new computer and re-installed FF but couldn't find the extensions.

    I went back to the Mozilla update extensions page but none of the extensions
    were there. I think I got them from another page (Moz Dev or something?) but
    can't find it/them.

    The extensions were a bookmark extension that put a book icon in my toolbar
    and allowed opening or closing a box along the left side of the page
    displaying my bookmark groupings by clicking it. Can't remember its name.

    And I also had one named Cookie Culler which added more control over cookies.

    The last was a security extension that put a black and yellow striped lock
    icon in the toolbar and allowed me to access a list box with different options
    to delete/erase such as browser history etc.

    Anyone have an address? Any help or info appreciated. Thanks.

    Robert
    Robert, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Robert

    Chuck Guest

    Chuck, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Robert, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Chuck wrote:
    >>Anyone have an address? Any help or info appreciated. Thanks.

    > http://tinyurl.com/2rlhk
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/5j5pu

    I don't mean to complain, but why would you want to use a tinyurl for:

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/

    which is already pretty small. (Its a very valuable site, thanks for
    suggesting it.)

    Indeed even for:

    https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/?application={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

    Particularly when the OP already stated that he had been to the Mozilla
    Updates page.

    My reason for asking is that many people don't like to see unnecessary
    timyurls, since there is no way of knowimg where they will take you
    before you click. Obviously your motives are good, but someone could
    easily insert links to porn sites or whatever, and we innocents would
    have no idea of what we were clicking on.

    I strongly suggest only using tinyurls when there is a real reason to do
    so. Just my opinion.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Robert

    Brian Guest

    (On 10/18/2004 10:45 PM) Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Chuck wrote:
    >
    >>> Anyone have an address? Any help or info appreciated. Thanks.

    >> http://tinyurl.com/2rlhk
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/5j5pu
    >>

    > I don't mean to complain, but why would you want to use a tinyurl for:
    >
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/
    >
    > which is already pretty small. (Its a very valuable site, thanks for
    > suggesting it.)
    >
    > Indeed even for:
    >
    > https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/?application={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
    >

    > Particularly when the OP already stated that he had been to the Mozilla
    > Updates page.
    >
    > My reason for asking is that many people don't like to see unnecessary
    > timyurls, since there is no way of knowimg where they will take you
    > before you click. Obviously your motives are good, but someone could
    > easily insert links to porn sites or whatever, and we innocents would
    > have no idea of what we were clicking on.
    >
    > I strongly suggest only using tinyurls when there is a real reason to do
    > so. Just my opinion.

    I agree. FWIW, if you are going to post a tinyurl, one should at least
    consider posting or mentioning the original link.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info--
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    Brian, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Robert

    Chuck Guest

    >> I strongly suggest only using tinyurls when there is a real reason to do
    >> so. Just my opinion.

    > I agree. FWIW, if you are going to post a tinyurl, one should at least
    > consider posting or mentioning the original link.

    I agree with your logic. I rarely click onto links that are unknown to me.
    99% of my links go to friends, family, etc. in emails, or IM's.

    It's just a habit for me now, to automatically right click and make a
    shorter url.....

    Damn extensions.
    Chuck, Oct 19, 2004