"Firefox.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Jim, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Suddenly started getting that error message tonight a few seconds
    after closing the browser V1.0.5. Tried removing the program prior to
    reinstall, but it said it could not find some uninstall file. Did a
    system restore to 12 hours ago (when I was not getting errors upon
    closing FF), still got the error message. So I tried removing it,
    this time it did so, and reinstalling it. Error message is still
    there when it shuts down. It's sending a file 62df_accompat.txt to
    microsoft regarding what happened.

    I' m not noticing anything not working or screwed up while browsing.

    Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it. If no
    fix, and it continues to present no problems browsing , how do I shut
    off the annoying error reporting dialog box. I unchecked "enable error
    reporting" during the custom install.

    TIA
    Jim

    Jim, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Well, after posting this message I downloaded the new messages about
    V1.0.6, so I just uninstalled 1.05 and installed 1.0.6 and the problem
    is gone.

    Jim, Jul 20, 2005