    problems at other sites too. Again, no problem on the desktop running the
    same version of FF. Any ideas what is going on?

    Mike D.

    Mike Dobony, Jul 26, 2008

  2. Mike Dobony wrote:
    > I have been having trouble with FF3 on my laptop, no problem on the
    > desktop. My laptop is running Vista Home Premium and the desktop is
    > running w2k Pro. I have been having trouble sending passwords on
    > Craigslist.com and my zip code at Staples.com. I have been having similar
    > problems at other sites too. Again, no problem on the desktop running the
    > same version of FF. Any ideas what is going on?
    >
    > Mike D.

    close FF, then click on the windows start button, then
    run and enter:

    firefox.exe -safe-mode

    this will start FF is safe mode. Does the problem
    continue?

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 27, 2008

  3. Mike Dobony

    Mike Dobony Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:36:08 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Mike Dobony wrote:
    >> I have been having trouble with FF3 on my laptop, no problem on the
    >> desktop. My laptop is running Vista Home Premium and the desktop is
    >> running w2k Pro. I have been having trouble sending passwords on
    >> Craigslist.com and my zip code at Staples.com. I have been having similar
    >> problems at other sites too. Again, no problem on the desktop running the
    >> same version of FF. Any ideas what is going on?
    >>
    >> Mike D.

    > close FF, then click on the windows start button, then
    > run and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >
    > this will start FF is safe mode. Does the problem
    > continue?

    That solves the problem. One of the add-ons is causing the problem?

    Mike Dobony, Jul 27, 2008
  4. Mike Dobony wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:36:08 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> Mike Dobony wrote:
    >>> I have been having trouble with FF3 on my laptop, no problem on the
    >>> desktop. My laptop is running Vista Home Premium and the desktop is
    >>> running w2k Pro. I have been having trouble sending passwords on
    >>> Craigslist.com and my zip code at Staples.com. I have been having similar
    >>> problems at other sites too. Again, no problem on the desktop running the
    >>> same version of FF. Any ideas what is going on?
    >>>
    >>> Mike D.

    >> close FF, then click on the windows start button, then
    >> run and enter:
    >>
    >> firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >>
    >> this will start FF is safe mode. Does the problem
    >> continue?

    > That solves the problem. One of the add-ons is causing the problem?

    which one was it?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 27, 2008
  5. Mike Dobony

    Mike Dobony Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:42:36 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Mike Dobony wrote:

    >>> close FF, then click on the windows start button, then
    >>> run and enter:
    >>>
    >>> firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >>>
    >>> this will start FF is safe mode. Does the problem
    >>> continue?

    >> That solves the problem. One of the add-ons is causing the problem?

    > which one was it?

    I'll have to play around disabling one at a time to find out. I'll let you
    know as soon as I find it. I suppose I should start by comparing add-on
    with my desktop.

    Mike Dobony, Jul 28, 2008
  6. Mike Dobony wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:42:36 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> Mike Dobony wrote:

    >>> That solves the problem. One of the add-ons is causing the problem?

    >> which one was it?

    > I'll have to play around disabling one at a time to find out. I'll let you
    > know as soon as I find it. I suppose I should start by comparing add-on
    > with my desktop.

    oh, so you haven't found out which one it is yet. Then
    disable half of them. If FF still doesn't work, then
    you know its the other half. Keep halfing them until
    you find the one.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 28, 2008