    THANKS
    Roberta
    , Dec 4, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Each time I try to access a website, I get this error message. I hate
    > to delete FF. 2.0.0.1.1
    >

    > Windows cannot find
    > 'http: //'A1'.-.".".'. google. com/'A'ebhp?sourceid=navclient-
    > ff&Je=UTF-8&r ls=GGGL, GGGL: 2006-17, GGGL: en'. Make sure you
    > typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file,
    > click the Start button, and then click Search,
    > OK
    >
    > NOTE: URL MAY BE MESSED uP AS THE OCR WAS NOT TOO GOOD! HOPE YOU
    > GET THE DRIFT.
    >
    > Please help
    > THANKS
    > Roberta

    Its an OS error rather then a Firefox error, so I'm not sure what might
    be causing it. Try this:

    Tools>>Options>>Security

    Uncheck the box for "Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected
    forgery. Does this make the error stop?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 4, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > Each time I try to access a website, I get this error message. I hate
    > to delete FF. 2.0.0.1.1

    it can't happen at every website, because you're using FF
    2.0.0.11 to post your message.

    Close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run
    and enter:

    firefox.exe -safe-mode

    this will start FF in safe mode. Does the problem continue?
    If not, report back.

    If it does, then close FF, then click on the windows start
    button, then run and enter:

    firefox.exe -p

    this will start the FF profile manager. Create a test
    profile. Does the problem continue in a new profile?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 4, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Dec 4, 2:10 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Each time I try to access a website, I get this error message. I hate
    > > to delete FF. 2.0.0.1.1

    > it can't happen at every website, because you're using FF
    > 2.0.0.11 to post your message.
    >
    > Close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run
    > and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >
    > this will start FF in safe mode. Does the problem continue?
    > If not, report back.
    >
    > If it does, then close FF, then click on the windows start
    > button, then run and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -p
    >
    > this will start the FF profile manager. Create a test
    > profile. Does the problem continue in a new profile?
    >
    > --
    > *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email help!!!!
    >
    > Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    THANKS GUYS but it was Google Toolbar! Deleted and it is great. Will
    miss it. THANKS AGAIN!
    , Dec 4, 2007
  5. wrote:
    > On Dec 4, 2:10 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Each time I try to access a website, I get this error message. I hate
    >>> to delete FF. 2.0.0.1.1

    >> it can't happen at every website, because you're using FF
    >> 2.0.0.11 to post your message.
    >>
    >> Close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run
    >> and enter:
    >>
    >> firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >>
    >> this will start FF in safe mode. Does the problem continue?
    >> If not, report back.
    >>
    >> If it does, then close FF, then click on the windows start
    >> button, then run and enter:
    >>
    >> firefox.exe -p
    >>
    >> this will start the FF profile manager. Create a test
    >> profile. Does the problem continue in a new profile?

    > THANKS GUYS but it was Google Toolbar! Deleted and it is great. Will
    > miss it. THANKS AGAIN!

    try this one: http://googlebar.mozdev.org/. I've never had
    a problem with it

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 4, 2007