    goes to a site which is made up only of the partially typed bit. I'm
    pretty sure I am clicking on the full URL that has dropped down!

    Anyone else found this?
    Cullen Skink, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Cullen Skink

    gwtc Guest

    Cullen Skink wrote:

    > Hi all
    > I had a quick scan of the newsgroup and couldn't see this mentioned.
    >
    > If I type a previously visited URL into the address bar, the full URL
    > drops down when I start typing. All standard stuff. However sometimes
    > when I click on the drop down URL rather than typing it all in, Firefox
    > goes to a site which is made up only of the partially typed bit. I'm
    > pretty sure I am clicking on the full URL that has dropped down!
    >
    > Anyone else found this?

    instead of using the mouse, try using the arrow keys instead.

    And for your info, there are other newsgroups that you can access for
    more user support. They are:

    All other products

    MOZILLA: The Mozilla Suite (Thunderbird and Firefox users, please
    subscribe there!)

    The Seamonkey project (suite continuation)

    FIREFOX: "Browser only" application.

    THUNDERBIRD: "eMail only" application.

    Other Groups of Interest:

    FOR TESTING THINGS:
    To test anything on your eMailer or Browser (HTML stuff, graphics etc)
    use these Test groups

    Only group which allows non-plaintext posting

    NETSCAPE 8: (this is a BROWSER ONLY application - no eMail/News)
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape8.windows

    NETSCAPE 7: NS 7.0 - 7.2
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape7.windows
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape7.macintosh
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape7.unix

    NETSCAPE 6:
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape6.windows
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape6.macintosh
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape6.unix

    Netscape Communicator: (the NG for Netscape 4.** users)
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.communicator
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.communicator.mac
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.communicator.unix
    gwtc, Jan 15, 2006

  3. Cullen Skink

    Cullen Skink Guest

    "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    > Cullen Skink wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all
    >> I had a quick scan of the newsgroup and couldn't see this mentioned.
    >>
    >> If I type a previously visited URL into the address bar, the full URL
    >> drops down when I start typing. All standard stuff. However
    >> sometimes when I click on the drop down URL rather than typing it all
    >> in, Firefox goes to a site which is made up only of the partially
    >> typed bit. I'm pretty sure I am clicking on the full URL that has
    >> dropped down!
    >>
    >> Anyone else found this?

    > instead of using the mouse, try using the arrow keys instead.

    Thanks, will do however if it doesn't do it when using the arrows does
    that help with the main problem as I would prefer to use the mouse! :)

    > And for your info, there are other newsgroups that you can access for
    > more user support. They are:

    <snip>

    Many thanks
    Cullen Skink, Jan 15, 2006