    one. Is there any composer that I can get for FireFox?

    Annoyed,
    Poly-poly man

    Poly-poly man, Feb 12, 2005

  2. Poly-poly man wrote:
    > Long time user of mozilla 1.6.5, I just downloaded FireFox 1.0. One
    > annoyance I have is the fact that to edit pages, I have to use notepad!
    > I remember Mozilla, in its glory of mail, chat, composer, etc. all in
    > one. Is there any composer that I can get for FireFox?
    >
    > Annoyed,
    > Poly-poly man

    The whole point of Firefox is that it is browser, just a browser,
    nothing but a browser. Rather then an all in one suite, you need
    different applications for different tasks.

    Take a look at NVu:

    http://www.nvu.com/

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 12, 2005

  3. Poly-poly man wrote:
    > Long time user of mozilla 1.6.5, I just downloaded FireFox 1.0. One
    > annoyance I have is the fact that to edit pages, I have to use notepad!
    > I remember Mozilla, in its glory of mail, chat, composer, etc. all in
    > one. Is there any composer that I can get for FireFox?

    This bugs me sometimes too, but I just have to remember to right-click
    on the file and 'Edit' in Notepad before I open it. A source editing
    extension would be good though...

    Foxtrot Oscar, Feb 13, 2005
  4. Foxtrot Oscar wrote:
    > Poly-poly man wrote:
    > > Long time user of mozilla 1.6.5, I just downloaded FireFox 1.0. One
    > > annoyance I have is the fact that to edit pages, I have to use

    notepad!
    > > I remember Mozilla, in its glory of mail, chat, composer, etc. all

    in
    > > one. Is there any composer that I can get for FireFox?

    > This bugs me sometimes too, but I just have to remember to

    right-click
    > on the file and 'Edit' in Notepad before I open it. A source editing
    > extension would be good though...

    Definately. It would be sooooooo cool if they made a FireFox suite,
    including thunderbird and stuff in it. But for now, I can edit with
    notepad, or the old fashioned Mozilla.

    Poly-poly man, Feb 13, 2005
  5. Poly-poly man

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Poly-poly man* wrote:
    > Foxtrot Oscar wrote:
    >> Poly-poly man wrote:
    >> > Long time user of mozilla 1.6.5, I just downloaded FireFox 1.0. One
    >> > annoyance I have is the fact that to edit pages, I have to use

    > notepad!
    >> > I remember Mozilla, in its glory of mail, chat, composer, etc. all

    > in
    >> > one. Is there any composer that I can get for FireFox?

    >> This bugs me sometimes too, but I just have to remember to

    > right-click
    >> on the file and 'Edit' in Notepad before I open it. A source editing
    >> extension would be good though...

    > Definately. It would be sooooooo cool if they made a FireFox suite,
    > including thunderbird and stuff in it. But for now, I can edit with
    > notepad, or the old fashioned Mozilla.

    Why the heck do you need a "Firefox Suit"? The Mozilla Suit still
    exist, the latest version is 1.7.5 and is what you are used to I guess
    with the "glory" of mail, chat, composer, etc. all in one..

    --
    /Arne

    Arne, Feb 13, 2005
  6. Poly-poly man

    Fr Jack Guest

    "Poly-poly man" <> wrote:

    >Definately. It would be sooooooo cool if they made a FireFox suite,

    They do.... it's called "Mozilla"...

    I get the feeling you've missed the point of Firefox.
    --

    Cheers!
    Fr Jack

    Fr Jack, Feb 13, 2005
  7. Foxtrot Oscar wrote:
    > Poly-poly man wrote:
    >
    >> Long time user of mozilla 1.6.5, I just downloaded FireFox 1.0. One
    >> annoyance I have is the fact that to edit pages, I have to use notepad!
    >> I remember Mozilla, in its glory of mail, chat, composer, etc. all in
    >> one. Is there any composer that I can get for FireFox?

    > This bugs me sometimes too, but I just have to remember to right-click
    > on the file and 'Edit' in Notepad before I open it. A source editing
    > extension would be good though...

    Launchy will allow you to edit the source in an editor of your choice.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 13, 2005
  8. On 2005-02-13, Poly-poly man <> wrote:

    > Definately. It would be sooooooo cool if they made a FireFox suite,
    > including thunderbird and stuff in it. But for now, I can edit with
    > notepad, or the old fashioned Mozilla.

    Huh? Isn't the Mozilla the "FireFox Suite" you're dreaming about?
    If not, why not?

    The purpose of creating FireFox and Thunderbird in th first place was to
    make them stand-alone applications without the additional bloat a suite
    imposes. If this isn't what you want, Mozilla is functionally just as good
    and offers the integration you desire.

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Feb 14, 2005
  9. Poly-poly man

    Ed Mullen Guest

    John Thompson wrote:
    > On 2005-02-13, Poly-poly man <> wrote:
    >

    >>Definately. It would be sooooooo cool if they made a FireFox suite,
    >>including thunderbird and stuff in it. But for now, I can edit with
    >>notepad, or the old fashioned Mozilla.

    > Huh? Isn't the Mozilla the "FireFox Suite" you're dreaming about?
    > If not, why not?
    >
    > The purpose of creating FireFox and Thunderbird in th first place was to
    > make them stand-alone applications without the additional bloat a suite
    > imposes. If this isn't what you want, Mozilla is functionally just as good
    > and offers the integration you desire.

    Besides, the issue of bloat is, in my opinion, way over-bloated, err,
    overblown. If you're running both FF and TB there is little advantage
    over the Suite in memory usage or disk footprint. This is especially
    true on any "modern" system, that is, anything up from about a 233MHz
    box with 128 Mb of RAM. And the stand-alone apps have had all sorts of
    useful stuff stripped out of them that requires installation of numerous
    extensions, thereby negating the slim advantage they may have. You'll
    have to pry the Suite from "my cold dead hands." ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 14, 2005
  10. On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:25:27 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > Besides, the issue of bloat is, in my opinion, way over-bloated, err,
    > overblown. If you're running both FF and TB there is little advantage
    > over the Suite in memory usage or disk footprint.

    But if one already has a favorite mail and news client, as I suspect most
    people do, then FF is exactly what they might want.
    --
    FoxWolfie

    FoxWolfie Galen, Feb 14, 2005
  11. "Launchy?" I have not heard of this. Will you please direct me to that
    site?
    Thanks,
    Poly-poly man

    Poly-poly man, Feb 14, 2005
  12. Poly-poly man wrote:
    > "Launchy?" I have not heard of this. Will you please direct me to that
    > site?
    > Thanks,
    > Poly-poly man

    Google is your friend: