    if anyone has a pointer, i'd appreciate it.

    thx,
    -r
    no body, Mar 15, 2007

  2. no body wrote:
    > firefox 2.0.0.2 on WinXP, various & sundry extensions... but this one
    > happens with or without extensions (i.e. both normal and safe mode). for
    > some reason my download-manager window no longer shows ANY download
    > information.. no status, no completed downloads, etc. i have had the
    > download statusbar installed but as of now it shows no status on
    > donwloads either. i've been wading through the config and have not yet
    > found an option to twiddle. i've also not found anything yet via google
    > but haven't looked as deep as i want.
    >
    > it looks like downloads DO happen.. I just can't view their status.
    >
    > if anyone has a pointer, i'd appreciate it.
    >
    > thx,
    > -r

    The most common cause of this is allowing the download history to become
    too full. Close Firefox, navigate to your profile folder, and delete
    the file downloads.rdf. Restart Firefox. The Download Manager will be
    empty, but it should work as expected.

    I make it a proctice to clear the Download Manager whenevr I have to
    scroll down to see its contenets.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 15, 2007

  3. no body

    no body Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > The most common cause of this is allowing the download history to become
    > too full. Close Firefox, navigate to your profile folder, and delete
    > the file downloads.rdf. Restart Firefox. The Download Manager will be
    > empty, but it should work as expected.

    thx.. but i too am quite religious in keeping my download history clean.

    it still appears tied to the downloads.rdf though. i finally found...

    http://dlstatusbar.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=dlsb&action=display&thread=1171056923

    ... which included killing the downloads.rdf along with some other
    things. the process on this page got me working again.

    thx for the input though.. guess i should have stuck to google a little
    longer.. :/

    -r
    no body, Mar 15, 2007
  4. no body wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> The most common cause of this is allowing the download history to
    >> become too full. Close Firefox, navigate to your profile folder, and
    >> delete the file downloads.rdf. Restart Firefox. The Download Manager
    >> will be empty, but it should work as expected.

    > thx.. but i too am quite religious in keeping my download history clean.
    >
    > it still appears tied to the downloads.rdf though. i finally found...
    >
    > http://dlstatusbar.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=dlsb&action=display&thread=1171056923
    >

    > .. which included killing the downloads.rdf along with some other
    > things. the process on this page got me working again.
    >
    > thx for the input though.. guess i should have stuck to google a little
    > longer.. :/
    >
    > -r

    I am unclear about this. Had you installed the dlstatusbar?

    Also, there is no need to email me as well as responding in the group, I
    will see it here.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 16, 2007