    Zag

    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
    temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...Ben Franklin

    Zaghadka, Mar 27, 2007

  2. Zaghadka

    Zaghadka Guest

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 04:03:26 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Zaghadka wrote:

    >On my XP system, "Mozilla Firefox" does not have an entry in the "Set Program
    >Access and Defaults" applet in the "Browser" section of the "Custom" and
    >"Non-Microsoft" sections.
    >
    >Is this normal behavior?
    >
    >In contrast, "Mozilla Thunderbird" shows up just fine in the "email" section.
    >
    >Firefox v2.0.0.3, Thunderbird v1.5.0.10

    Sorry to waste your time with this, I was supposed to be posting to
    mozilla.support.firefox. :^(

    --
    Zag

    "The Ends Justify The Means" ~Niccolo Machiavelli, c. 1550

    "The Means Justify The Means" ~George W. Bush, c. 2000

    Zaghadka, Mar 27, 2007

  3. Zaghadka

    bjames

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Did you find a solution?

    I've run into the same problem: Firefox is not listed as a choice in the Web browser section of "Set Program Access and Defaults". I haven't (yet) found a solution and I didn't find a thread with your question in mozilla.support.firefox.

    Thanks,

    Beau

    bjames, Apr 14, 2007
  4. Zaghadka

    bjames

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    I found a workaround: use

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

    to set Firefox as the default browser, for each user account. This "works", in that clicking on a hyperlink in an email message in e.g. Thunderbird will then launch Firefox (or open a new tab in the running Firefox). But the root problem remains: Firefox is not listed as an available browser in the Web browser section of "Set Program Access and Defaults".

    Any clue on how to correct that problem?

    Beau

    bjames, Apr 14, 2007