    size but that's a real PIA.

    How to fix?

    Rick

    Richard Blaine, Mar 11, 2006

  2. Richard Blaine wrote:

    > Here's one for Firefox gurus...
    >
    > Running Win XP Pro fully updated, antivirused, anti spywared, fire
    > walled, Outlook Express v. 6.00. Firefox 1.5.0.1 is default browser.
    >
    > If I click on a www link in an email, it opens in a full sized
    > Firefox window that immediately shrinks down to a one inch square in
    > the upper left corner of the screen. I can click the maximize icon to
    > set it back to full size but that's a real PIA.
    >
    > How to fix?

    Make sure all instances of Firefox are closed. Click on the email link.

    Instead of maximizing the Firefox window (when it's the one-inch
    square), drag it larger. Y'know, the usual way: put the cursor on a
    corner, click and drag, and stretch it out to about three-quarter screen
    size. Put the mouse on the window's title bar, and position it so that
    the larger window is about mid-screen.

    Then close it. Now, try to click on that link in your email.

    In many applications, they remember the size they were last.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 11, 2006

  3. Richard Blaine wrote:

    > Here's one for Firefox gurus...
    >
    > Running Win XP Pro fully updated, antivirused, anti spywared, fire walled,
    > Outlook Express v. 6.00. Firefox 1.5.0.1 is default browser.
    >
    > If I click on a www link in an email, it opens in a full sized Firefox
    > window that immediately shrinks down to a one inch square in the upper
    > left corner of the screen. I can click the maximize icon to set it back to
    > full size but that's a real PIA.
    >
    > How to fix?

    Drag it bigger. Maximizing it does nothing to reset the "Restore" size.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 11, 2006