    Fr Jack
    96 Tiger.
    FRJACKUKRM AT GMAIL DOT COM
    Fr Jack, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Fr Jack

    Bram Guest

    Fr Jack wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm in UK and find that when I put a keyword in the address bar (not
    > the searchbar) Firefox invariably tries to find a ".com" URL. Is there
    > any way to get it to try ".co.uk" or other UK suffixes, before trying
    > ".com.", etc.?
    >
    > TIA

    type about:config in your address bar and change the value of
    browser.fixup.alternate.suffix to co.uk
    Hth,

    Bram
    Bram, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Fr Jack

    Basil Guest

    Bram vertelde me op 13/12/2004 12:44:
    > Fr Jack wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I'm in UK and find that when I put a keyword in the address bar (not
    >> the searchbar) Firefox invariably tries to find a ".com" URL. Is there
    >> any way to get it to try ".co.uk" or other UK suffixes, before trying
    >> ".com.", etc.?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > type about:config in your address bar and change the value of
    > browser.fixup.alternate.suffix to co.uk
    > Hth,

    Cool. Fun to learn all these little useful things by following this
    newsgroup.

    Basil
    Basil, Dec 13, 2004
  4. Fr Jack

    Fr Jack Guest

    Bram <> wrote:

    >type about:config in your address bar and change the value of
    >browser.fixup.alternate.suffix to co.uk
    >Hth,

    Ta very much.

    However, after making that alteration - and - closing FF, I tried with
    "aria" (a UK computer parts retailer), which takes me to:
    http://www.aria.com.au/
    rather than
    http://www.aria.co.uk

    Any ideas, or is this a bug, perhaps?
    --

    Cheers!
    Fr Jack
    Fr Jack, Dec 13, 2004
  5. Fr Jack

    Bob Guest

    Fr Jack wrote:
    > Bram <> wrote:
    >

    >>type about:config in your address bar and change the value of
    >>browser.fixup.alternate.suffix to co.uk
    >>Hth,

    > Ta very much.
    >
    > However, after making that alteration - and - closing FF, I tried with
    > "aria" (a UK computer parts retailer), which takes me to:
    > http://www.aria.com.au/
    > rather than
    > http://www.aria.co.uk
    >
    > Any ideas, or is this a bug, perhaps?

    Works OK here and I have bookmarked the site for future use as well :)
    Thanks.

    --
    Bob
    Bob, Dec 13, 2004
  6. Fr Jack

    Fr Jack Guest

    Bob <> wrote:

    >Works OK here and I have bookmarked the site for future use as well :)
    >Thanks.

    Hmm...

    Re checked the entry, flushed cache and history, shut FF, re started,
    tried again.....

    Still going to bloody australia! Argh!
    --

    Cheers!
    Fr Jack
    Fr Jack, Dec 13, 2004
  7. Fr Jack

    Bob Guest

    Fr Jack wrote:
    > Bob <> wrote:
    >

    >>Works OK here and I have bookmarked the site for future use as well :)
    >>Thanks.

    > Hmm...
    >
    > Re checked the entry, flushed cache and history, shut FF, re started,
    > tried again.....
    >
    > Still going to bloody australia! Argh!

    Hey it's warmish there now isn't it? Can I join you :)

    --
    Bob
    Bob, Dec 13, 2004
  8. Fr Jack

    Posco Guest

    Fr Jack wrote:
    > Bob <> wrote:
    >

    >>Works OK here and I have bookmarked the site for future use as well :)
    >>Thanks.

    > Hmm...
    >
    > Re checked the entry, flushed cache and history, shut FF, re started,
    > tried again.....
    >
    > Still going to bloody australia! Argh!

    Have you got an Australian proxy server specified. Using Switch Proxy, I
    get varying results depending where in the world I am supposed to be. If
    I don't use a proxy, I get the uk site.

    Posco
    Posco, Dec 13, 2004
  9. Fr Jack

    Fr Jack Guest

    Posco <> wrote:

    >Have you got an Australian proxy server specified. Using Switch Proxy, I
    >get varying results depending where in the world I am supposed to be. If
    >I don't use a proxy, I get the uk site.

    No proxy.
    --

    Cheers!
    Fr Jack
    Fr Jack, Dec 14, 2004
  10. Fr Jack

    Bram Guest

    Bram, Dec 14, 2004
  11. Fr Jack

    Fr Jack Guest

    Bram <> wrote:

    >Fr Jack wrote:

    >> Any ideas, or is this a bug, perhaps?

    >http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/domain-guessing.html

    Despite many checks, cache and history flushes, and a complete re boot
    (to see if it would help), the problem still persists. Arse!
    --

    Cheers!
    Fr Jack
    Fr Jack, Dec 15, 2004