    Help make Usenet a better place: English is read
    downwards,please don't top post. Trim replies to
    quote only relevant text.

    no_one@no_where.invalid, Mar 17, 2006

  2. no_one@no_where.invalid

    Ed Mullen Guest

    no_one@no_where.invalid wrote:
    > It has been my practice to keep as many programs and data files off
    > the C partition as possible, reserving it for the O/S and only those
    > programs that insist on installing there.
    >
    > I would like to move Thunderbird, Firefox, and Sunbird files to
    > another partition. Preferable in a subdirectory of the installation
    > location. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance.

    Here are some links that speak to relocating the profile:

    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#noSLT
    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    However! Don't put the profile in the program installation folder.
    There is a chance that you could delete it accidentally when doing a
    program upgrade/reinstallation.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Mar 17, 2006

  3. Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    snip
    >Here are some links that speak to relocating the profile:
    >
    >http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#noSLT
    >http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    Thanks Ed, just the info I needed.
    >However! Don't put the profile in the program installation folder.

    I was not planning on moving the profile into the installation
    directory but in a sub directory of that directory. Not much danger
    there. But with the backup system I use even if it did I get wiped
    out I could recover in just a few moments.

    no_one@no_where.invalid, Mar 18, 2006
  4. no_one@no_where.invalid

    Ed Mullen Guest

    no_one@no_where.invalid wrote:
    > Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >
    > snip
    >> Here are some links that speak to relocating the profile:
    >>
    >> http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#noSLT
    >> http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html
    >>

    > Thanks Ed, just the info I needed.
    >> However! Don't put the profile in the program installation folder.

    > I was not planning on moving the profile into the installation
    > directory but in a sub directory of that directory. Not much danger
    > there. But with the backup system I use even if it did I get wiped
    > out I could recover in just a few moments.

    The only caution is that some installation routines in the past would
    (with a prompt that is easy to click through) wipe the entire directory
    structure. I think that's still the case. That's why I mentioned it as
    a potential problem. ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net