    account on the computer. Is there a way to have a default browser for
    each user? Thanks in advance for replies.
    DC

    DC, Dec 28, 2004

  2. DC

    Guest

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:00:08 -0500, DC <> wrote:

    >I am experimenting with FF and have set it as my default browser. This
    >change also changed the default browser for my wife who has her own user
    >account on the computer. Is there a way to have a default browser for
    >each user? Thanks in advance for replies.
    >DC

    Hi there...I have the same problem...try this page:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

    I haven't tried it yet, but it's a little utility that lets you set
    seperate defaults for each user.

    I'm about to give it a try...I'll let you know how it works.

    Drude

    , Dec 29, 2004

  3. DC

    DC Guest

    wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:00:08 -0500, DC <> wrote:
    >

    >>I am experimenting with FF and have set it as my default browser. This
    >>change also changed the default browser for my wife who has her own user
    >>account on the computer. Is there a way to have a default browser for
    >>each user? Thanks in advance for replies.
    >>DC

    > Hi there...I have the same problem...try this page:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm
    >
    > I haven't tried it yet, but it's a little utility that lets you set
    > seperate defaults for each user.
    >
    > I'm about to give it a try...I'll let you know how it works.
    >
    > Drude

    Drude,

    Thanks for the link, that utility seems to do exactly what I needed!

    DC

    DC, Dec 29, 2004
  4. On 2004-12-28, DC <> wrote:

    > I am experimenting with FF and have set it as my default browser. This
    > change also changed the default browser for my wife who has her own user
    > account on the computer. Is there a way to have a default browser for
    > each user? Thanks in advance for replies.

    That's the way it's supposed to work, and does here under linux, Win2k,
    and FreeBSD at least. Are you using Windows? If so, what version? I
    suspect that Win9x/ME might have some problems since they don't really
    separate accounts completely the way NT/2k/XP do.

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Dec 29, 2004