    Thank you for helpful responses.

    Steve
    41N

    Steve IA, Oct 11, 2007

  2. Steve IA

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Steve IA wrote:
    > I've posted to alt.fan.mozilla and the tab mix plus forum with no luck.
    >
    > When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
    > FF 2.0.0.7, (XP home) the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I
    > have to mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using
    > IE 7 and all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I
    > would like.
    > It works well in FF safe mode and I disabled my few add-ons (in normal mode)
    > one at a time and found the Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6 was causing the problem. I
    > don't want to lose TMP. Any suggestions?
    > Thank you for helpful responses.

    Javascript disabled?

    Desk Rabbit, Oct 11, 2007

  3. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > Steve IA wrote:
    > > I've posted to alt.fan.mozilla and the tab mix plus forum with no luck.
    > >
    > > When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
    > > FF 2.0.0.7, (XP home) the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I
    > > have to mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using
    > > IE 7 and all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I
    > > would like.
    > > It works well in FF safe mode and I disabled my few add-ons (in normal mode)
    > > one at a time and found the Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6 was causing the problem. I
    > > don't want to lose TMP. Any suggestions?
    > > Thank you for helpful responses.

    > Javascript disabled?

    Nope. Checked that.
    thanks

    Steve IA, Oct 11, 2007
  4. Steve IA wrote:

    > Desk Rabbit wrote:
    >> Steve IA wrote:
    >>> [focus]
    >>> It works well in FF safe mode and I disabled my few add-ons (in
    >>> normal mode) one at a time and found the Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6 was
    >>> causing the problem. I don't want to lose TMP. Any suggestions?
    >>> Thank you for helpful responses.

    >> Javascript disabled?

    > Nope. Checked that.

    Firefox 2.0.0.7 with Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6 here, and as long as JavaScript
    is enabled, the focus works for me. Something else is awry with your
    installation.

    What happens if you disable all the extensions except Tab Mix Plus?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 11, 2007