    desperately want to rid myself of 1.5 and go back to 1.0 ..... but can not
    find a site to download 1.0 for re-installation.

    Anyone know where I can get 1.0 ?

    J W, Jan 17, 2006

  2. J W wrote:
    > Firefox 1.5 was a huge mistake. I just can't take the constant crashes on
    > my computer since I updated to 1.5. It's just plain driving me nuts. I
    > desperately want to rid myself of 1.5 and go back to 1.0 ..... but can not
    > find a site to download 1.0 for re-installation.
    >
    > Anyone know where I can get 1.0 ?

    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.0.7/win32/en-US/

    The the US english version, go back a level if you need another
    localization.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 17, 2006

  3. J W

    Doubledoom Guest

    J W wrote:
    > Firefox 1.5 was a huge mistake. I just can't take the constant crashes on
    > my computer since I updated to 1.5. It's just plain driving me nuts. I
    > desperately want to rid myself of 1.5 and go back to 1.0 ..... but can not
    > find a site to download 1.0 for re-installation.
    >
    > Anyone know where I can get 1.0 ?

    Try 1.5.0.1 rc1. Since moving to that all my crashes have gone.

    David

    Doubledoom, Jan 18, 2006
  4. J W

    J W Guest

    Am confused about 1.5.0.1 rc1 .... when you go to their website all you'll
    find is 1.5.

    What's up with that?

    J W, Jan 18, 2006
  5. J W wrote:
    > Am confused about 1.5.0.1 rc1 .... when you go to their website all you'll
    > find is 1.5.
    >
    > What's up with that?
    >
    > "Doubledoom" <> wrote in message
    >> J W wrote:
    >>> Firefox 1.5 was a huge mistake. I just can't take the constant crashes
    >>> on my computer since I updated to 1.5. It's just plain driving me nuts.
    >>> I desperately want to rid myself of 1.5 and go back to 1.0 ..... but can
    >>> not find a site to download 1.0 for re-installation.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know where I can get 1.0 ?

    >> Try 1.5.0.1 rc1. Since moving to that all my crashes have gone.
    >>
    >> David

    Its a test build, so its not publicized for the general public. I do
    not recommend installing unless you are experiencing real problems with
    the 1.5 release.

    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.1rc1/

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 18, 2006
  6. J W

    Doubledoom Guest

    >>> Try 1.5.0.1 rc1. Since moving to that all my crashes have gone.
    >>>
    >>> David

    > Its a test build, so its not publicized for the general public. I do
    > not recommend installing unless you are experiencing real problems with
    > the 1.5 release.
    >
    > http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.1rc1/
    >
    > Lee

    Which he is.... so it would make sense to try it. It certainly sorted
    my problems out. It could be argued that at the moment, 1.5.0.1 is more
    stable than 1.5 ;)

    David

    Doubledoom, Jan 18, 2006
  7. Doubledoom wrote:

    >> Its a test build, so its not publicized for the general public. I do
    >> not recommend installing unless you are experiencing real problems
    >> with the 1.5 release.
    >>
    >> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.1rc1/
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Which he is.... so it would make sense to try it. It certainly sorted
    > my problems out. It could be argued that at the moment, 1.5.0.1 is more
    > stable than 1.5 ;)
    >
    > David

    Oh, I certainly agree. If I hadn't I wouldn't have provided the link. ;)

    I just wanted everyone to be clear that is a testing build, and to
    proceed at their own risk. If someone is having problems, its a very
    acceptable risk.

    I expect the release very soon, and if software updating is turned on,
    it will auto update itself when its ready.

    Lee

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 18, 2006