    I'm trying to establish how a cookie from imrworldwide.com is getting
    onto my computer. It's either OptusNet (my ISP) or Firefox. Does Firefox
    use any such cookies?

    1 of 1, May 5, 2006

  2. 1 of 1

    gwtc Guest

    1 of 1 wrote:
    > I'm trying to establish how a cookie from imrworldwide.com is getting
    > onto my computer. It's either OptusNet (my ISP) or Firefox. Does Firefox
    > use any such cookies?

    Of course FF uses cookies. Look in the cookie manager: Tools,
    Options, Privacy, Cookies, and View Cookies button

    --
    How to Get a Life
    Difficulty Level: Hard

    gwtc, May 5, 2006

  3. 1 of 1

    John Guest

    On Fri, 05 May 2006 09:09:40 -0700, gwtc <37> wrote:

    >1 of 1 wrote:
    >> I'm trying to establish how a cookie from imrworldwide.com is getting
    >> onto my computer. It's either OptusNet (my ISP) or Firefox. Does Firefox
    >> use any such cookies?

    >Of course FF uses cookies. Look in the cookie manager: Tools,
    >Options, Privacy, Cookies, and View Cookies button

    I could be wrong, but the way I read the OP's question is "Does Firefox set
    cookies?"
    John <><

    John, May 5, 2006
  4. 1 of 1

    gwtc Guest

    John <>< wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 May 2006 09:09:40 -0700, gwtc <37> wrote:
    >

    >>1 of 1 wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm trying to establish how a cookie from imrworldwide.com is getting
    >>>onto my computer. It's either OptusNet (my ISP) or Firefox. Does Firefox
    >>>use any such cookies?

    >>Of course FF uses cookies. Look in the cookie manager: Tools,
    >>Options, Privacy, Cookies, and View Cookies button

    > I could be wrong, but the way I read the OP's question is "Does Firefox set
    > cookies?"
    > John <><

    if the OP has the option to accept cookies, then yes, a cookie will be
    placed. If he has it no to accept cookies, then no, no cookie will be
    placed.

    gwtc, May 5, 2006
  5. 1 of 1

    1 of 1 Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > John <>< wrote:

    >>> Of course FF uses cookies. Look in the cookie manager: Tools,
    >>> Options, Privacy, Cookies, and View Cookies button

    >> I could be wrong, but the way I read the OP's question is "Does
    >> Firefox set
    >> cookies?"
    >> John <><

    > if the OP has the option to accept cookies, then yes, a cookie will be
    > placed. If he has it no to accept cookies, then no, no cookie will be
    > placed.

    I obviously didn't word it very well. Why does Firefox set a cookie from
    imrworldwide.com when I haven't accessed that site or any link that
    points to that site?

    1 of 1, May 6, 2006
  6. 1 of 1

    gwtc Guest

    1 of 1 wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>John <>< wrote:

    >>>I could be wrong, but the way I read the OP's question is "Does
    >>>Firefox set
    >>>cookies?"
    >>>John <><

    >>if the OP has the option to accept cookies, then yes, a cookie will be
    >>placed. If he has it no to accept cookies, then no, no cookie will be
    >>placed.
    >>

    > I obviously didn't word it very well. Why does Firefox set a cookie from
    > imrworldwide.com when I haven't accessed that site or any link that
    > points to that site?

    If you visited site A, then that site can and will give you cookies
    from Site B, C, and even D or more. You don't have have to visit the
    site. Just a site that will give you these unwanted cookies.

    Also, when you visit a site, the contents may come from several
    servers. Look under Tools, Options, Content, and you will see "Load
    Images" should be checked, and "from the originating web site only"
    should be unchecked. This means that the images may come from more
    than one server. Yahoo, Google, MS, and many others do this.

    gwtc, May 6, 2006
  7. 1 of 1

    1 of 1 Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > 1 of 1 wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> if the OP has the option to accept cookies, then yes, a cookie will
    >>> be placed. If he has it no to accept cookies, then no, no cookie
    >>> will be placed.
    >>>

    >> I obviously didn't word it very well. Why does Firefox set a cookie from
    >> imrworldwide.com when I haven't accessed that site or any link that
    >> points to that site?

    > If you visited site A, then that site can and will give you cookies from
    > Site B, C, and even D or more. You don't have have to visit the site.
    > Just a site that will give you these unwanted cookies.
    >
    > Also, when you visit a site, the contents may come from several
    > servers. Look under Tools, Options, Content, and you will see "Load
    > Images" should be checked, and "from the originating web site only"
    > should be unchecked. This means that the images may come from more than
    > one server. Yahoo, Google, MS, and many others do this.

    ty

    1 of 1, May 6, 2006