    It's possible that I'm remembering an IE tweak, too, so maybe that's why
    I can't find it.

    Thanks

    Tom Allen, Aug 28, 2005

  2. Tom Allen

    Simian Dyson Guest

    "Tom Allen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Okay, I'm having a senior moment. I'm trying to keep the address bar
    > (where you enter the URL) from automatically displaying the last items
    > typed or visited. I thought that there was a setting to turn this off,
    > but I'm drawing a blank.
    >
    > I know I can clear the memroy cache, and I'm pretty sure that if I set
    > the History box to 0 for "Number of Days", that would work. But isn't
    > there a way to *keep* the history if I wanted to look it up (say, via
    > the Go menu), but not display the addresses?
    >
    > It's possible that I'm remembering an IE tweak, too, so maybe that's why
    > I can't find it.
    >
    > Thanks

    The only way I've been able to accomplish this is to clear the history. At
    first I thought that a bit drastic, but it turned out I didn't need access
    to any of those sites after all. I'll stay tuned to see if anyone comes up
    with a compromise solution.

    Simian Dyson, Aug 28, 2005

  3. Tom Allen

    Jim Lahue Guest

    Tom Allen wrote:
    > Okay, I'm having a senior moment. I'm trying to keep the address bar
    > (where you enter the URL) from automatically displaying the last items
    > typed or visited. I thought that there was a setting to turn this off,
    > but I'm drawing a blank.
    >
    > I know I can clear the memroy cache, and I'm pretty sure that if I set
    > the History box to 0 for "Number of Days", that would work. But isn't
    > there a way to *keep* the history if I wanted to look it up (say, via
    > the Go menu), but not display the addresses?
    >
    > It's possible that I'm remembering an IE tweak, too, so maybe that's why
    > I can't find it.
    >
    > Thanks

    I don't know how to keep typed URLs from going into the location bar
    history but I know that you can remove an unwanted URL by bringing up
    the list of URLs, highlighting the URL you don't want and typing
    Shift-Del.

    Jim

    Jim Lahue, Aug 28, 2005
  4. Tom Allen

    Tom Allen Guest

    Jim Lahue wrote:
    > Tom Allen wrote:
    >
    >>Okay, I'm having a senior moment. I'm trying to keep the address bar
    >>(where you enter the URL) from automatically displaying the last items
    >>typed or visited. I thought that there was a setting to turn this off,
    >>but I'm drawing a blank.
    >>
    >>I know I can clear the memroy cache, and I'm pretty sure that if I set
    >>the History box to 0 for "Number of Days", that would work. But isn't
    >>there a way to *keep* the history if I wanted to look it up (say, via
    >>the Go menu), but not display the addresses?
    >>
    >>It's possible that I'm remembering an IE tweak, too, so maybe that's why
    >>I can't find it.
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > I don't know how to keep typed URLs from going into the location bar
    > history but I know that you can remove an unwanted URL by bringing up
    > the list of URLs, highlighting the URL you don't want and typing
    > Shift-Del.

    Cool, I didn't tknow that one! Thanx.

    Tom Allen, Aug 29, 2005
  5. Tom Allen

    A Guest

    "Tom Allen" <> wrote in message
    > Okay, I'm having a senior moment. I'm trying to keep the address bar
    > (where you enter the URL) from automatically displaying the last items
    > typed or visited. I thought that there was a setting to turn this off,
    > but I'm drawing a blank.
    >
    > I know I can clear the memroy cache, and I'm pretty sure that if I set
    > the History box to 0 for "Number of Days", that would work. But isn't
    > there a way to *keep* the history if I wanted to look it up (say, via
    > the Go menu), but not display the addresses?
    >
    > It's possible that I'm remembering an IE tweak, too, so maybe that's why
    > I can't find it.
    >
    > Thanks

    Is there a way I can make the newest URLs, and recently used ones be on top?
    I liked the way it worked like that in IE. TIA!

    A, Aug 29, 2005